Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Install Kinda

1. Back To Top    #1

New Install Kinda

So long story short bought a house with a sunk in Doughboy. Been in the ground for many years. I replaced the liner in 2004 and had a small cave in which I fixed adequately. Uncovered last week to find a larger cave in. Because of this, I have decided to replace the pool. After much research, I have purchased a Medallion Freedom pool. My plan is to cut away enough concrete to be able to bolt the panels together and assemble the walk out stairs. I don't want to completely remove the concrete because of cost and the concrete is in good shape and serviceable. Once installed I will pour concrete to the receptor coping of the pool. I have also ordered an Aquatrol salt water generator. I will post pictures of the journey and any input would be appreciated.

The starting point.

IMG_0466.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Install Kinda

Can't really give any input, but wanted to say WELCOME.....this is gonna be fun to watch. Keep us updated.
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!

3. Back To Top    #3

Pool looks a tad green...in honor of St. Paddies Day, I presume? J/K.

Welcome to TFP! Please make sure you post lots of pics! We love pics!
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

4. Back To Top    #4

I am hopeful you will be able to reuse the concrete around the old pool. This will be a fun one to watch for sure!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

The green water compliments the backdrop and countryside. Welcome to TFP, home of the DIY'er for better pool water and less maintenance. Looking forward to following this journey from the comfort of my laptop.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks guys. I'm hoping that I can maybe assemble some of the panels together and then place them in the ground thus keeping me from cutting all the way around. I'll figure it out either way.

7. Back To Top    #7

Cop I bet that would work. Good idea (says the one not doing the work or lifting LOL)

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

8. Back To Top    #8

First box of goodness arrived. So excited to move away from chlorine to a Salt Generator. Can't wait.

IMG_0474.jpg

9. Back To Top    #9

Look what arrived today!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    24 foot Medallion Freedom Series pool with walk in stairs and Hayward Aqua Rite Salt Water Generator.

10. Back To Top    #10

Removed all the coping, next days off I will rent a concrete cutter and start cutting back the concrete.

24 foot Medallion Freedom Series pool with walk in stairs and Hayward Aqua Rite Salt Water Generator.

11. Back To Top    #11

Poor Cop! You will need to go back to work to rest after all of this work! LOL

FUN times! Keep the pics and updates coming!

Kim

12. Back To Top    #12

I've been super busy lately and have not had a chance to work on the pool until today. Rented the concrete saw and made my cuts around the pool. Still have to make the cuts for the stairs and then the real fun begins. Have to break up the concrete, dig out all the dirt and haul both away. Hopefully that will give me enough room to bolt the new pool together. Good thing I have a skinny teenager.

13. Back To Top    #13

Good luck,
    My build 12000 gal AG (15x26x54"), Hayward 1.5hp 2 speed Ultra Pro pump, Hayward CC150CAN XStream Cartridge Filter, TF-100

14. Back To Top    #14

Hey, I know your busy with the build but don't leave us hangin'! Preparing to install the same pool at our house probably a month away from getting to the pool as we are building some retaining walls as the pool will be built into a hillside.

I'll be watching for your updates!

Thanks!

15. Back To Top    #15

Man thats a lot of work. Any updates?!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

16. Back To Top    #16

Sorry for the slow posts. I have been working a lot lately(in my real job) and progress is slow. I have removed most of the concrete and dirt. This took two days with a mini excavator and lots of wheel barrow work. This is a huge job and I'm doing it myself with some help from my son. I also had to remove an old concrete collar from the doughboy. Ugh!!! Jackhammer and will power. I'm just about ready to start installing the steps and walls.

17. Back To Top    #17

On a different note. For all you cement people out there. Is it feasible to pour new concrete up against old concrete? It doesn't have to be perfect as I'm going to coat it with concrete paint.

18. Back To Top    #18

You can pour new concrete up against old, you just need to have separation / isolation between the two. You're talking about slabs right??

19. Back To Top    #19

That is a LOT of work done there! You and your child will be able to say "We did this" when it is all done!

Kim

20. Back To Top    #20

Yes, slabs. I'm not sure exactly how to do separation because my cuts are not perfectly straight. I was hoping to pour right up to the old slab.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast