Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TF-100 options

1. Back To Top    #1

TF-100 options

How can I know what options to the TF-100 test kit I should get for the type of pool I am building?

I am ordering the TF-100, plus the speed stir and the Taylor Salt test kit since I will have a SWG.

I am building an approximately 30K gal., vinyl liner pool with a SWG. Do these seem like the best option or are there any other additions, I should be considering?

-Mickey

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: TF-100 options

Mickey,

I think you have it about right. The speedstir is a terrific addition.....everyone loves it.

Many folks get the XL option to double up some of the reagents but it is more pointed towards someone with a green pool.

For your new pool, I think I would get just what you are already considering.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I would get an extra magnet of two for sure in case you lose one.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

I'll second the idea of back up magnetic beans. I will admit to the stupidity of having tossed a few away by accident when hurling the test tube contents into the grass. Ugh! You'd *think* they would be easy to find in the grass...but not so much in the juniper, monkey grass, mondo, yada yada yada. Get an extra bean.

I now keep one for each test tube also, so that I can move right along with my testing without having to stop and clean up one tube to get that bean out. I do all my tube cleaning out at the end.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

5. Back To Top    #5

It sounds like some of us need to get a metal detector as well.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6

Isn't that what Skippy's lawn mower is for??
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

Isn't that what Skippy's lawn mower is for??
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

8. Back To Top    #8

My test kit arrived today. What tests should I do on my water before my pool is built, or should I?

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

You can practice on your fill water if you like. FC, TA, CH especially.
    32K gallon Plaster - 1hp Hayward 2 speed Super Pump - Hayward S200 Sand Filter - TF100XL
    Test Kits - Pool Math - Chlorine/CYA/Target/Slam Chart

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by wmmallette View Post
    My test kit arrived today. What tests should I do on my water before my pool is built, or should I?
    You can test the fill water for practice. Check chlorine, pH, TA, CH. You won't have any CYA, so save the reagents.

That'll tell you if you're likely to need to have acid or borax or baking soda standing by. A lot of us never ever have to add anything to raise TA or pH, so if you're one of us, there's no point in having a supply onhand. With a vinyl liner, you'll never need to buy Calcium Increaser, but you should know the CH number so you can be aware of the potential for scaling.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

11. Back To Top    #11

I'm not on a well, but I am on a rural water association and have had some instances of brown water in out house. I thought it might be helpful to see about metals.

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by wmmallette View Post
    I'm not on a well, but I am on a rural water association and have had some instances of brown water in out house. I thought it might be helpful to see about metals.
    The Tf100 doesn;t have a metals test. But you'll know quick enough when you start filling. You may see rust sediment or the water may look yellow or green, or it may look fine but turn green as soon as you add bleach. Worry about that if it happens. It can be dealt with.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!