Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Brand New Pool (6 days old) - Junk in my Water?

1. Back To Top    #1

Brand New Pool (6 days old) - Junk in my Water?

Hi All,

I just filled my brand new pool. I posted my #s in another thread (CYA looked kind of low, TA was high, the rest was OK), but this question isn't really related. When I look down at my water during the day, it's crystal clear. However, if I look down at it at night with the light on, I see lots of stuff floating around (or maybe little bubbles?). I tried to capture it in a pic, but it's hard to capture correctly. Is this normal?

Note that this was taken after sweeping. I swept with the filter and cleaner running, then let everything settle for ~5-10min before snapping the pic.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Brand New Pool (6 days old) - Junk in my Water?

It is VERY normal. There is NO filter out there that will get ALL of the partials out of the water. What you are seeing is a very tiny amount compared to some other pictures others have shared. Stuff is being added to the pool every day from the wind and people in the water.

Now go jump in your pool and enjoy it!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Floaters are normal.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

You have a cartridge filter and the are very good at filtering but DE filters capture the most... What you are seeing in the light is below about 5 microns, so really small
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

5. Back To Top    #5

What you may be seeing is microscopic bubbles from the SWG. As the cell is working, it produces microscopic gas bubbles. If I watch my return jets at night with the pool light on, I can see the bubbles coming out. Then you can see it throughout the pool water.

Turn your SWG off completely and run the pool pump for a few hours. See if it becomes clear. Your observation is the same as mine, it can only be noticed at night with the pool light on.
    10,000 gallon in ground diamond brite, Circupool si30+, Hayward C900 cartridge, 1.5hp Flotec single speed pump

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks for the responses, everyone!

7. Back To Top    #7

I recall when our pool was new reading here that the very best time to vacuum a pool is at night with the lights on. EVERYTHING shows up almost magnified! LOL.

Nothing wrong with your pool water, you're just seeing it more at night.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain