Just tried to start up my STA-RITE MAX-E heater which worked last year...this year it doesn't. I had rats chew some wires and fixed those. I looked all over and believe I got all of them repaired.
Here is what happens:
1. At the Jandy controller, I turn on the filter (works fine, as does the sweep, lights, everything else) but when I press the "heater" button, nothing happens. The light does not go on.
If I press the solar heater button, that light goes on. (does this mean the controller is bad?)
2. I did confirm that I have power going to the heater (tested it right as it enters the heating unit).
3. No lights come on on the the pad on top of the heater. Tried resetting that also.
4. There is an LED inside the heater that came on for a second then turned off.
5. I turned off all power at the circuit breaker, turned back on and confirmed that power was coming out of the circuit breaker (given #2, that makes sense, just looking at everything).
6. I ordered a new controller board.
7. The two fuse are okay (one on controller, one in the unit itself)
- Are there places to check within the heater to see if the voltage is getting there?
- Even if the heater is dead/wounded, shouldn't the light on the Jandy controller light up? That seems odd that it doesn't.
- Any other things to check?