Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: MisplaceTexan, Possible New Pool Owner

1. Back To Top    #1

Baytown, Texas

MisplaceTexan, Possible New Pool Owner

I currently am shopping around for a pool builder in the Houston Texas area. I live east of Houston. Would just like some recommendation for the equipment that was recommended by my 1st pool builder.

Pool Size: 16 x 34 ft
    Pool Depth: up to 67 ft (??? - will be contacting pool builder to find out what this means)
    Pool Area: 485 ft²

Filter: 48 sq ft - Pentair FNS Plus D.E. Filter
    Pump: 1.5 HP - Pentair Whisperflo Pump (99% sure will be requesting VS pump)
    Valves: Never Lube Valve 2"-2.5"
    Skimmers: 2 CMP; 2" Lines Separate Line & Valves. Tann Skimmer Lids to Match Deck
    Main Drains: 2 Main Drains - Separate Lines & Valves
    Pool Light: 1 x Pentair Amerlite White 500W w/ GFCI (will be requesting LED)
    Time Clock: Intermatic Dual Timers
    Cleaner: Polaris 280 with Booster pump
    Sanitizer: Jandy AquaPure Ei Salt System
    Ozone: Ozone Joe Water Purification System (will be requesting this item to be removed off quote)
    Inlets: 5 pool return inlets

Any help or suggestions are deeply appreciated.

Xavier in Baytown, Texas
    Xavier in Baytown, Texas
    Pool Build Started: 06May2016. 16ftx34ft, Area: 485 ft2 , Depth: 4ft-6ft, Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump, Pentair FNS Plus D.E. Filter 48 sq. ft., Easy Touch 8 with wireless remote, IntelliBrite Pool Color LED, 640 Sq Ft of deck, 3 ton waterfall,
    Guesstimation: 17,000 gallons,Test Kit: Taylor K-2006C.

2. Back To Top    #2
    South-Central Texas, Marion/San Antonio

Re: MisplaceTexan, Possible New Pool Owner

Welcome to TFP! That looks to be a gorgeous project, and you've done a good job with the initial listing. Some solid products there, and you already CANX'd the ozone. Others will reply I'm sure, but I'm not convinced about the 2-main drain requirement. You should get most of your circulation and surface debris removal from those 2 skimmers and return jets, but that's just one opinion. Maybe look carefully at the positioning of the 5 return jets. Since you have some subtle curves, there is always the potential for "dead spots" in circulation. Perhaps you may need a couple more returns instead? As for the SWG, the web site says up to 35K gallons. I'll let others confirm that selection. Requesting LED lights - nice. You're on the right track. Welcome!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    Bedford, TX

I'm not a fan of single speed pumps. If me, I would upgrade to a variable speed pump, or at a minimum, a two speed pump. Do it now and you can thank me when your electrical bill arrives.

In the end, the overall cost to upgrade would be minuscule compared to the overall cost of the pool.

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP5200 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Tallahassee, FL

OH that is pretty! I can't wait to see you over in the "under const." section!

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Houston, TX

Welcome, I'm also in process of starting a build thread, your PB will be doing mine aswell, Im like you trying to do as much research as I can in this great website.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Tucson, AZ

Welcome to TFP!!!

I would also recommend ditching the booster pump and pressure cleaner and getting a robot instead.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7
    SW PA

Welcome to TFP! That will be a beautiful pool!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter