pool finish choice

Conman

Jan 14, 2016
Wayne New Jersey
Can someone help me choose between Pebble Fina and Hydrazzo I like the smooth finish of Hydrazzo but from what I read I like the quartz finish of Pebble Fina
My question is is Pebble Fina as smooth as the Hydrazzo. I will be retiling and new plaster in about three weeks and I have to make a choice ?

Ive heard of and seen pics of hydrazzo, Its a gorgous plaster. Unfortuntely, I have never seen or felt it in person, so can't compare the feel of it to anything else.
There are a couple of TFPers here who do have hydrazzo, and hopefully they will see your thread and chime in.it

Can someone help me choose between Pebble Fina and Hydrazzo I like the smooth finish of Hydrazzo but from what I read I like the quartz finish of Pebble Fina
My question is is Pebble Fina as smooth as the Hydrazzo. I will be retiling and new plaster in about three weeks and I have to make a choice ?

Hydrazzo is an ultimate finish and smooth as it gets. It's a sanded/polished finish, and you have to go with tile to get smoother than this type of finish. There are others like it, but some of the colors offered are in a league of their own. Lots of options with that with some really wild choices. Much of it looks just like the old Terazzo flooring from decades ago, hence the name. Fabulous stuff, but out of my price range. If you want the smoothest, this is the way to go.

Hydrazzo is sanded/polished like mentioned above, not quickly buffed like some other products. This process usually takes about 4-6 hours (with 2 polishers) for an average size pool, and results in a super smooth finish. While quartz pools can have the same procedure done with similar results it is required by manufacturer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.