Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pool finish choice

1. Back To Top    #1

pool finish choice

Can someone help me choose between Pebble Fina and Hydrazzo I like the smooth finish of Hydrazzo but from what I read I like the quartz finish of Pebble Fina
    My question is is Pebble Fina as smooth as the Hydrazzo. I will be retiling and new plaster in about three weeks and I have to make a choice ?
    45,000 gal gunite
    with spa

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: pool finish choice

I've never heard of Hydrazzo before. It's difficult to compare, lots of companies all have their own types of Pebble-whatever now. You would probably need someone from your area, who knows that particular version.

3. Back To Top    #3

Pebble tec has Pebble sheen which has a plaster feel. My Pebble Fina is great.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

4. Back To Top    #4

Ive heard of and seen pics of hydrazzo, Its a gorgous plaster. Unfortuntely, I have never seen or felt it in person, so can't compare the feel of it to anything else.
    There are a couple of TFPers here who do have hydrazzo, and hopefully they will see your thread and chime in.it
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

5. Back To Top    #5

Maybe ask your PB to show you pools of each so you can check them out yourself.
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Conman View Post
    Can someone help me choose between Pebble Fina and Hydrazzo I like the smooth finish of Hydrazzo but from what I read I like the quartz finish of Pebble Fina
    My question is is Pebble Fina as smooth as the Hydrazzo. I will be retiling and new plaster in about three weeks and I have to make a choice ?
    Hydrazzo is an ultimate finish and smooth as it gets. It's a sanded/polished finish, and you have to go with tile to get smoother than this type of finish. There are others like it, but some of the colors offered are in a league of their own. Lots of options with that with some really wild choices. Much of it looks just like the old Terazzo flooring from decades ago, hence the name. Fabulous stuff, but out of my price range. If you want the smoothest, this is the way to go.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

Hydrazzo is sanded/polished like mentioned above, not quickly buffed like some other products. This process usually takes about 4-6 hours (with 2 polishers) for an average size pool, and results in a super smooth finish. While quartz pools can have the same procedure done with similar results it is required by manufacturer.