Pool Test Results

kplaster

Bronze Supporter
Jan 24, 2010
Randleman,NC
Ok second day here.SWG is running at 50%.Salt still high at 4180 PPM..Generator showing 4200.It running so far.PH =7.2 FC=13 CC=.5 TC=13.5 Alk =100 CYA= 80.Water nice&clear.Got pump running on low speed.Yesterday's TC was 11 with adding bleach before cutting on SWG.=So I'm figuring need to cut SWG back to about 30%.Thanks

Yup, I'd cut back either the % on the SWG or the pump run hours. Its a trial-and-error thing.

Be aware that pH readings are not always accurate when FC is over 10ppm. As it looks, your pH is as low as you'd want but that TA of 100 will pull it up soon enough.

If your SWG is happy and making chlorine, don't sweat the salt level. My rule is: If the SWG is happy, I'm happy!

Thanks for the reply.I'm really surprised with the 2 speed pump running on low.Water still clear and clean.My ? is with the timer on the SWG controlling the pump.The SWG stay's on so I'm thinking that the sensor senses no flow so it doesn't work while pump is off??
Yup, I'd cut back either the % on the SWG or the pump run hours. Its a trial-and-error thing.

Be aware that pH readings are not always accurate when FC is over 10ppm. As it looks, your pH is as low as you'd want but that TA of 100 will pull it up soon enough.

If your SWG is happy and making chlorine, don't sweat the salt level. My rule is: If the SWG is happy, I'm happy!

Usually not.

Some people like to keep the pump on longer to filter, or run water features but don't need more chlorine so to compensate they turn the % of the SWG down so its only running a few minutes of each hour instead of at all times (100% = entire time that the pump is on, 50% is for 30 minutes each hour, and so on).

This evening.FC=15.5 CC=0 Alk=100 PH=7.5 CYA=80..Salt keeps going up 4570 with strip.SWG reading 4200-4400..I have cut pump back to 8 hours running daytime and SWG at 30% for 2 day's now.FC still staying up there.It has been cloudy and in the 40's today.My ? is should I just let SWG run like it is or cut it off for a couple day's.Look's like we are going to have to drain some water again to get salt level down.Thank's again since I'm new at the SWG.

I would not drain any water until you're sure of the salt level. I personally don't trust strips and use a drop test (Taylor's K1766 Salt Test).

I once did a strip and drop test at the same time and the strip was way off.

It is cooling and grey out, so you really can easily drop your run time further as well as your %....For 80 CYA you goal is 6 ppm, with 4 ppm being the *minimum*.

So play around with it, cut it back and the moment you get to about 6 or 7, turn it up slowly until it maintains your desired level.

Well,just wanted to give a update.Everything going well.Water has settled out.We have cut the run time on pump down to 8 hour's during the day on low speed.SWG is set at 30% and my chlorine level is staying at 8-9 ppm.Water temp. is still around 60.My salt level is around 3800ppm.It's coming down a little at a time when I backwash really good and fill water level back up.Thank's for all the info and I'm really enjoying not having to go out every night and add bleach.SWG is a life saver for sure.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.