I am trying to get my pool balanced. I am using k-2006 and had my results
confirmed by local/national chain store.
pH= my test well below 7 (almost green in color and took 52 drops of base demand reagent to achieve something close to 7.4)--Pool store took 55 drops and recorded pH at 7.0...
CYA= mine 50 -- pool store 80
Pool Store only tests:
Copper= 1 ppm (don't know where that is coming from....no algaecides, no copper piping/tubing...,.I did use up the remaining Regal 3" Trichloro-s-triazinetrione over the winter (8 each)
So I keyed in the values into "Pool Math" and it suggested 5oz 20MlueTeam Borax, at 7 pH(stores recorded level) and 15 oz at my "Wild" guess of 6.4....and 94 oz of baking soda for the TA at both pH Levels.
I added 15 oz (wt) of Borax and 4 lbs of baking soda. I ran the pump 24 hours rechecked TA and pH ....TA moved to 20 and pH demand reduced to 35 drops.
So I added an additional 16 oz (wt) of Borax yesterday and checked this am....TA moved to 40 and pH demand reduced to 23 drops...
Am I so out of range the caution note on Pool Math should be taken as gospel: "Results are approximate and can be off significantly for large pH changes"
Also, should I be concerned wrt the copper level