Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Salt Level High.What to do??

1. Back To Top    #1

Salt Level High.What to do??

Just checked my water.Added last of the salt last night.Checked this afternoon,I'm getting 4180ppm.I over shot for 3200.Ok I got the hose running to top off the pool.I went ahead this morning and dump's some Bleach in it and added baking soda.My number's now are Chlorine FC 9.5 CC.5=TC10.I added bleach this morning not knowing how long it would take to get SWG up and going.PH 7.2 Alk=90.CYA=0.I just started adding Stabilizer this morning.Adding 8 pound's .Water look's good.Just didn't know if I should hold off on turning SWG on.Also that high of salt level will hurt anything.Like I said I have water hose on now to fill pool on up.Level now is half up the skimmer.I have been sucking water from bottom of pool since this morning to get circulated good.Thank You
    Leasure bay AG 24ft,52 in high.installed June of 1999. Hayworth S-180 T sand filter/Power-Flo Matrix 1horse 2 speed pump /Aqua Trol SWG/Using TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Salt Level High.What to do??

check it once you have it filled, it will probably be down to 3800 or so, while a little high it should not hurt anything... What matters the most is that your SWG is happy with it, o once you turn it on you will know...
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

That's what I get for listening to the pool guy.I thought he was saying way to much salt to add.New SWG and first year using it.I haven't plug'd it in yet.So we just let it sit idle for right now.Thank's,
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboycasey View Post
    check it once you have it filled, it will probably be down to 3800 or so, while a little high it should not hurt anything... What matters the most is that your SWG is happy with it, o once you turn it on you will know...
    Leasure bay AG 24ft,52 in high.installed June of 1999. Hayworth S-180 T sand filter/Power-Flo Matrix 1horse 2 speed pump /Aqua Trol SWG/Using TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

The AquaTrol uses the T-5 cell. The high salt light is triggered by the amp reading, not the salt level. The amp reading is determined by the salt level and water temperature. If the water is below about 75 f, you will probably be ok. For the T-15, the amps for high salt are 8 amps. I don't know what the high amp reading is for the T-5.

As long as the high salt light does not come on, you're good.

5. Back To Top    #5

Well,we checked again and we are around 3580ppm.We have turned it on and so far looking good.It's reading 3200 on the screen.Thank's for the quick response.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by kplaster View Post
    Well,we checked again and we are around 3580ppm.We have turned it on and so far looking good.It's reading 3200 on the screen.Thank's for the quick response.
    Well,after doing a little studing.The 3200 the low set.It reading 3400 ppm on salt reading