Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pebble tec tile ?

1. Back To Top    #1

Pebble tec tile ?

Has anyone tried the pebble tec pool tile ? Cannot seem to find much info on them ?
    Did find it strange that they were using some of the same names as lightstreams .
    any help /pictures would be much appreciated!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pebble tec tile ?

I was just on the pebbletec site and I didn't see any mention of tile.
    We too are about to select a tile for a reno. If you find any useful info please share !
    pH = 7.25
    Custom concrete oblong shaped pool with waterfall
    18,000 gallons
    Sta-rite filter
    My circupool SWG exploded.

3. Back To Top    #3

I think this is what's being referred to.
    Finishing Touches Pebble Tec
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

4. Back To Top    #4

Looks like it Marla, good info.

You might shop around turbo, not saying it is, but glass with the PT brand may be higher and glass tile is already pretty expensive. Beautiful stuff no doubt though. I love it.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

5. Back To Top    #5

I believe some of it is lightstreams.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

6. Back To Top    #6

Definitely using some of the same names. Some differences in configurations .
    Pebble tec sells buy linear foot , L/S sell by the square foot .
    Seems that P/T comes out a few dollars cheaper .
    Thinking of pulling the trigger on the terra color tomorrow for my waterline , and doing steel blue on all of the steps "/benches .... Why did I have to have so many of those !!!!

7. Back To Top    #7

For the bling factor turbo! LOL

Marla good find! I hope you stick around for a long time after your pool is finished!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks Kim! I THINK the Lightstreams tiles are the Jeweled Glass tiles. When I spoke to Dave at LS, I remember he said they made 3 for PebbleTec. But maybe he meant 3 kinds. I don't really remember (the story of my life). LOL!!
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by Marlahoutex View Post
    Thanks Kim! I THINK the Lightstreams tiles are the Jeweled Glass tiles. When I spoke to Dave at LS, I remember he said they made 3 for PebbleTec. But maybe he meant 3 kinds. I don't really remember (the story of my life). LOL!!
    You are correct !
    We placed our order today for the blue steel for waterline tile , and did the terra for all of our steps /benches
    hoping the two colors will tie together well with the flagstone coping and decking that we are doing !

10. Back To Top    #10

BLING to the max! I can't wait to see them!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

11. Back To Top    #11

So which side of the Steel Blue are you using since they are reversible?
    Marla

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by Marlahoutex View Post
    So which side of the Steel Blue are you using since they are reversible?
    I honestly had no idea that it was reversible??
    spoke to the rep today for a bit and he never mentioned it either.
    any link you can post ?

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by turbo997 View Post
    I honestly had no idea that it was reversible??
    spoke to the rep today for a bit and he never mentioned it either.
    any link you can post ?
    Look at the link above. You will see that the tiles look very different. I think it is because it is two sided. It will be hard to pick which one is prettier!

Kim

14. Back To Top    #14

One side is metallic, one more transparent. And you thought you were done with tile selection!!
    Marla

15. Back To Top    #15

I looked at the site , and it looks like the accent tiles are reversible but not the waterline tile sheets. But i have been wrong before !

16. Back To Top    #16

Oh right! I read that backwards, that you were using the Steelblue for the accent. That makes it easier!
    Marla