Questions on Pentair EasyTouch4 Control Panel

Kit

Bronze Supporter
Mar 10, 2016
Medford, Oregon
As a new spa owner, I have found this forum to be a wealth of valuable information. So I hope that these questions are appropriate in this subforum. I have a Pentair EasyTouch4 control panel that operates my in-ground spa.

1. If I want to use the spa during times that the pump & heater are not normally running, do I press the "F" button on the EasyTouch panel to activate the pump & heater?

2. If so, how long will the pump & heater run (based upon the factory default setting) before it automatically shuts off?

3. How would I manually turn on the pump allowing it to run until I manually turn it off?

Thank you kindly.

Kit

You have only made mention of a spa. Do you not also have a pool? If so, are they separate from one another?

1.) No. Push the V (valves) button which will place the ET into Spa mode. You can set the heater to default in the on position when in Spa mode. You can also activate the Spa feature circuit through the menu. This is assuming you have set up a spa circuit.

2.) It will remain in spa mode until you turn it off (unless you have it on a schedule).

3.) Push the F button

I do not have a pool; only a spa. I believe that the EasyTouch has been wired so that the spa is run through the Pool mode.

Please forgive me if I am a bit slow (this is all new to me). Since the Spa mode is disabled & the spa is actually run through the Pool mode, can I therefore assume that I would press the F (filter pump) button to turn on the pump & the heater? Thank you.

Pool Mode should be used for general filtration and chlorine production. You can use the ET in the manner you describe but that kind of defeats the purpose of having automation at all.

Create a feature circuit called Spa (you can name them anything you want), set the pump speed you desire and set the heater to be on during this mode. When you activate the Spa Circuit, the pump speed will increase and the heater will be on set to the requested temperature.

Do you keep the spa heated 24/7?

At present, the pump run time is 5 hours (which admittedly might be excessive). This is associated with the time we generally would be in the spa. However, the SWG won't be activated until next week. So I will likely adjust the pump run time based upon achieving a target FC level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.