Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Just manually vacuumed pool (for the last time I hope)

1. Back To Top    #1

Just manually vacuumed pool (for the last time I hope)

It's about 80 here today and beautiful. I just finished manually vacuuming the pool for the first and hopefully last time. Im hot, tired and frustrated by doing it that way. I have researched til my head hurts on the right Vinyl pool robot vacuum, and still undecided! My price range is about 700 bucks top! Who recommends what and why? Thanks!
    Mark
    20'x28' IG, Vinyl, (Sept 2015) 14,900 Gallon, 3'4 to 5'6 deep, SPLAPOOL 1.5 HP, 220v, 2 speed pump, Waterway Carefree 27" 400 LB Sand filter, Digital Nano plus SWG, TF-100 test kit /speed stir. Dolphin Primal x3 robotic cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Just manually vacuumed pool (for the last time I hope)

I guess I can't edit my HEADER can I???

No, but I can

JohnT
    Last edited by JohnT; 03-17-2016 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Spelling error in title
    Mark
    20'x28' IG, Vinyl, (Sept 2015) 14,900 Gallon, 3'4 to 5'6 deep, SPLAPOOL 1.5 HP, 220v, 2 speed pump, Waterway Carefree 27" 400 LB Sand filter, Digital Nano plus SWG, TF-100 test kit /speed stir. Dolphin Primal x3 robotic cleaner

3. Back To Top    #3

It's an oldie but a goodie and still available.

I have had Hayward Navigators at two different homes / pools.

The vinyl version has cork shoes.

It's a suction side that plugs into a skimmer pipe...I have a hayward leaf canister just prior to that to catch everything so it doesn't go in my pump basket.

I think they cost about half your budget.

my 002 cents.
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.

4. Back To Top    #4

I've had a dolphin. It randomly died in year 3 and no means to fix it other than finding a service and cost to repair was going to be $300+. (2.5 stars on amazon)

Switched to kreepy Krauly and 3/5 of my pool was very clean. Unless a small stick or leaf hits it the right way. Did this for the last 2 years.
    Wish I could be of more help.
    I am going to explore Borjis's suggestion !
    pH = 7.25
    Custom concrete oblong shaped pool with waterfall
    18,000 gallons
    Sta-rite filter
    My circupool SWG exploded.

5. Back To Top    #5

The Pool Cleaner

I have the 4X and a Hayward W530 leaf canister.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
    The Pool Cleaner

I have the 4X and a Hayward W530 leaf canister.
    I have the same setup and love it
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

7. Back To Top    #7

The pool cleaner is a suction side cleaner??
    Mark

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

it is a suction side cleaner, I have mine in the pool all the time, any time my pump runs it is cleaning It comes with parts to connect to your skimmer or a dedicated suction. I have mine on a dedicated line.

this is what my pool looked like after the winter slumber

And this is after 4 hours, you can see it cleaning away

this is after 24 hours
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

9. Back To Top    #9

Very nice Casey!! I am wanting a robot I think, as I don't run my pump all that much!!
    Mark

10. Back To Top    #10

TFP Guide

Robots are nice, they work really well, but you pay for that and then they don't last much over 3 years, some do but most do not.. But the people that have them would fight you tooth and nail if you tried to take them away...

I run my pump for the SWG and the poolcleaner is just along for the ride I usually do about 6 to 8 hours a day on low to chlorinate the pool..

Both will work, the nice thing about the robots is they "scrub" and the poolcleaner does not

11. Back To Top    #11

Casey, your cleaner will vacuum on Low and do OK??
    Mark

12. Back To Top    #12

TFP Guide

it does a good job on low, not great... I have my suction side on a valve between it and the skimmer, I have to send 70 to 80% of the suction to the cleaner for him to work good... on high I can send it 50/50 and he works great

13. Back To Top    #13

I bought a Dolphin Nautilus about 3 months ago and I absolutely love it. Just throw it and plug it in. And the best part is you can get one in your price range. Like you, I only run my pump a few hours a day so this works independently and I didn't want to add another pump
    15,000 gallon free form Viking fiberglass pool. Hayward Star-Clear Plus C12002 cartridge filter. Hayward Swim Pure Plus T-15 SWG. Testing with TF-100 Kit. 2 speed 1.5HP Supreme pump. Dolphin Nautilus robotic cleaner

14. Back To Top    #14

Robots are nice, they work really well, but you pay for that and then they don't last much over 3 years, some do but most do not..
    My Aquavac TigerShark robot will be staring its 11th year next month.
    30,000 gal, 20 x 40 ft vinyl, IG, installed 2006
    1 HP WhisperFlo pump, 60 sqft Pentair Quad D.E., Liquidator(8 gallon) with 3/8 upgrade,TigerShark cleaning robot
    TFTestkits TF-100 with SpeedStir,WS
    A proud practitioner of TFP since 2013