Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Spa will only go up to 94* even though temp is set to 104*

1. Back To Top    #1

Spa will only go up to 94* even though temp is set to 104*

I am hoping someone might be able to help me with this issue. I recently moved into a new house that has a great indoor pool and spa, however my spa will only get to 94* when I turn it on, even though the system is set to go up to 104*. The equipment is in great working order, so I'm wondering if it's just a setting or something that I need to adjust or if I need to have someone come out and look at the sensors. The system is an AquaLink Rs4 with a gas heater for the spa and an electric heater for the pool.

Has anyone ever had this problem before? I would feel really stupid if I paid the $90 service fee and it was just a setting in the system that I could change on my own. I looked through the manual for the system and I couldn't find anything that indicated an economy mode or something that might prevent the spa from heating more than 94* - but thought I would check with this forum before I schedule a service call.

Thanks,

Randy

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Spa will only go up to 94* even though temp is set to 104*

randell, we need some more info to give you some help..

is this a stand alone hot tub?
    are you sure the tub is gas and the pool is electric? if stand alone most probably electric tub..
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by cowboycasey View Post
    randell, we need some more info to give you some help..

is this a stand alone hot tub?
    are you sure the tub is gas and the pool is electric? if stand alone most probably electric tub..
    Its not a stand alone, its connected to the pool with a spoil over. the prior owner advised that the pool was electric and the hot tub was gas, I know for sure that the hot tub runs on gas, but I've never tried to heat the pool, so it could be on gas as well. Someone at work had advised me that there may be an economy mode built into the system, but when I went through the manual for the indoor controller and went through all of the options I could find on the indoor controller, I didn't see anything that indicated an economy mode. I looked at the box outside, but didn't see anything that looked like an economy mode setting either...

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

it is probably all gas, you should really have someone that knows the pool or a pool closing/opening company come give you a lesson on how to operate everything.. being in FL there are a ton of companies that do it... it may be worth the service visit to get everything going and teach you how to operate your new equipment

You could post pictures of all your equipment and maybe someone will be able to give you some pointers..
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

5. Back To Top    #5

I had a local pool service come out and check out the spa equipment - all they did is have me turn on the spa, they took the water temperature a few times and compared it to the temp on the controller and then said that I needed to get a new keypad for the heater equipment outside. They charged $90 to come out and look at it, then said the new part (Zodiac Laars R0366200 Lite2 LJ Series Heater Control Assembly would cost me $463.29 for the part and another &90 for them to come out and put it in.

I found this part online for just $163 - and it doesn't look like it would take much to install it myself - has anyone ever done this before? is it as simple as unscrewing the old part, disconnecting the wire and then reconnecting the new part and screwing it back in? Or should I pay the extra $90 to have them come out again?

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

1st off, I am very happy that worked out for you..

2nd, from the look of it on google Zodiac Laars R0366200 Lite2 LJ Series Heater Control Assembly - Google Search it looks like an easy change to me.. if you get it apart and can not get it fixed then give them a call and have them install it for you..