Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Circupool Si-45

1. Back To Top    #1

Wink Circupool Si-45

I am having a new pool installed and purchased the Si-45 system. The pool contractor installed the system last week. The water temp here is not warm enough to generate salt yet so the cell was not installed, just a pipe in it's place. The panel powers on and interestingly, has a salinity reading of 3200 although no salt has been added to the new pool. Check the salinity with a test strip and it is next to nothing. I thought that maybe the cell had to be installed to get a correct reading to I put it on for about 15 minutes with no change in the salinity reading. I called tech support where I bought the system and the tech did not seem to have an answer for it but was quick to tell me that there was not a problem with the panel. He then said that the 3200 was an average salinity reading which did not make sense because not salt has been added to pool. When I reminded him of that, he simply told me that I did not understand. He said I should just add salt to the pool. Has anyone else had this experience with a new unit? And by the way, I do know which reading the "salinity" level is. The tech also insinuated that I did not. Do not know what else would be reading "3200."

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Circupool Si-45

That is some awesome customer service! You wrong I right! LOL

I have no clue how the circupool gets its salinity reading. A few people here have them so someone will be along soon with an answer
    Free form 17X30. 14,500 Gal. Pentair sand filter and 1.5 hp pump. Aqua-Rite SWCG. TF-100 Test Kit w/Speed Stir

3. Back To Top    #3

One thought is that the unit could have been benched tested or calibrated before shipment. Since it uses averages to report the salinity levels it could still be reporting the "factory" conditions. Only a guess tho.
    16' x 32' (21100 gal), vinyl, 1.5 hp Hayward SuperPump,
    Tagelus TA60/60D Sand Filter, Raypak 399K Digital Heater, TF-100

4. Back To Top    #4

You need to have the cell installed in order for it to read the salinity.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by ping View Post
    You need to have the cell installed in order for it to read the salinity.
    Hi Ping,

I did install the cell for a brief period but perhaps it needs to be on there for a few hours. Guess I will wait until the weather warms up, add salt, and give it another shot. I was a bit irritated at the tech guy. This is not my first SWG. There is only one reading on the display that could be the salinity level. I think that he assumed that I was a dumb girl. I may just call back an talk to the fellow in sales. He seemed pretty knowledgeable when I bought the unit and was quite nice.

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

if your temp is above 60 you should be good, i started mine today and my pool is at 70.. I have the SJ so no reading on the unit just "above 3000ppm" That is one reason I really like the SJ series, just a power button and if happy it works
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by cowboycasey View Post
    if your temp is above 60 you should be good, i started mine today and my pool is at 70.. I have the SJ so no reading on the unit just "above 3000ppm" That is one reason I really like the SJ series, just a power button and if happy it works
    Okay. I installed the cell and let it run for a good while. The reading of 3200 was indeed an average. My next question has to do with the voltage. It reads 30.8 but it is not generating salt. According to the manual, when not generating salt the reading should be 16 - 25v. Should I be concerned about that?

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

I wish I knew, I have the SJ model so none of the neat stuff like voltages...
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

9. Back To Top    #9

Is your pool ready to have salt added? If so, turn off the SWG and add the salt to get 3000-3500 ppm. After the salt has mixed in for 24 hours turn the SWG on.

I'm not going to search the manual, but if it is like the Hayward units, the voltage will measure high like you are getting and drop to the correct range when the unit is producing chlorine from the salt.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by ping View Post
    Is your pool ready to have salt added? If so, turn off the SWG and add the salt to get 3000-3500 ppm. After the salt has mixed in for 24 hours turn the SWG on.

I'm not going to search the manual, but if it is like the Hayward units, the voltage will measure high like you are getting and drop to the correct range when the unit is producing chlorine from the salt.
    Thanks Ping. Nothing in the manual about voltage. Salt should go in the next week or so. Will recheck it then.