Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello to everyone!

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

Hello to everyone!

Better Pools is a veteran-owned pool cleaning/maintenance company. I have owned pools most of my life, then decided to make a business out of it several years ago. Hopefully, I can offer some help with your pool issues. Thanks, and happy swimming!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello to everyone!

Welcome to TFP!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!!

Just a heads up, as a forum directed to homeowners who maintain their own pools we make recommendations that are very different in many ways from what a pool service can do visiting once a week. I invite you to read through some of our Pool School articles to get a feeling for our system as we teach accurate water testing and only adding what the pool needs, when it needs it. I would recommend starting with these:
    ABCs of Water Chemistry
    Recommended Pool Chemicals
    How to Chlorinate Your Pool

So again, welcome to TFP!!
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you for your service, Better Pool person! Prior service Army dude here (92-97).

I'm still learning the ABC's for taking care of my pool but this is the place I spend most of my online time learning about how to properly maintain my pool. This is the most helpful online forum I've ever experienced.
    ~Chris - 20,000 gallons free-form gunite / Pebbletec, Aquapure 1400 SWG, 2 HP Jandy VS Main Pool Pump, 2 HP Jandy Water feature Pump, 580 Jandy cartridge filter, Dolphin M500, TF-100 w/Speedstir.

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Thanks for the welcome! Thanks Chris19D for your service too. Marine Corps '76-'79. I will probably have more questions than answers here!
    Better Pools
    Venice, Florida

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome. You might find this enlightening: Certified Pool Operator (CPO) training -- What is not taught
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

7. Back To Top    #7

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for your service.

Hope you stick around and enjoy the forum. Don't be shy with those questions, and we will try our best.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

8. Back To Top    #8

Welcome!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter