Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: PoolMath

1. Back To Top    #1

PoolMath

The PoolMath calculator is invaluable. Thank you to whomever created it. Is there a reference sheet somewhere that does the same calculations? I just want to be prepared to take care of my pool should I not have Internet access, the calculator goes down for a few days, etc.

thanks
    Fiberglass pool 5300 gallons (trilogy eclipse)
    inground
    Cartridge filter
    2HP hayward ecostar sp3400vsp

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: PoolMath

Hi,
    I agree. Without a calculator like Pool Math, we might almost all of us be in trouble.

JesseWV has created a nice excel spreadsheet that can do the chemistry calculations and doesnt require internet access.
    Below is his thread where you can download it. Its got lots of pretty graphics and you can save your test result into it and see trends over time.
    It's pretty cool.

Jesse's Graphical Pool Testing Log (Excel spreadsheet)
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Divin Dave View Post
    Hi,
    I agree. Without a calculator like Pool Math, we might almost all of us be in trouble.

JesseWV has created a nice excel spreadsheet that can do the chemistry calculations and doesnt require internet access.
    Below is his thread where you can download it. Its got lots of pretty graphics and you can save your test result into it and see trends over time.
    It's pretty cool.

Jesse's Graphical Pool Testing Log (Excel spreadsheet)
    thank u!
    Fiberglass pool 5300 gallons (trilogy eclipse)
    inground
    Cartridge filter
    2HP hayward ecostar sp3400vsp

4. Back To Top    #4

If you have an Android phone you can get PoolPal. It will allow you to set goal values and calculate how much of each chemical to add.

I use it regularly and about every 2 weeks or so transfer my test results to Jesse's spreadsheet for logging.
    Build thread
    IG Gunite w/ spa, PebbleSheen Blue Surf, 18K gallons 500sqft
    Jandy: 60 DE filter, 2.0 VS (main pump), 2.0 Flo Pro (features)
    Paramount PV3 w/ 1.5 Stealth, PDA PS6, JXi 400K NG
    Flagstone coping & wall. Stamped Concrete from BrickForm. TF-100 w/Speed Stir.

5. Back To Top    #5

Oh my goodness, I had no idea about the PoolPal. This app is fantastic!
    ~Chris - 20,000 gallons free-form gunite / Pebbletec, Aquapure 1400 SWG, 2 HP Jandy VS Main Pool Pump, 2 HP Jandy Water feature Pump, 580 Jandy cartridge filter, Dolphin M500, TF-100 w/Speedstir.

6. Back To Top    #6

You can also save the Poolmath page as an html file and it works offline.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach