Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New pool build in McKinney,Texas

1. Back To Top    #1

New pool build in McKinney,Texas

Hello all,
    I have been using the site for quite some time to gather information and design ideas so I thought I'd post of design plan and document our process as I'd love opinions on the best options and design ideas. We have a really small yard so we are going with a 18"x 24'10" pool as it is the largest that will fit in our yard. We went back and forth or whether or not to add a spa as with such a small yard it eats away space but in looking at other threads most recommended it and it would be great for my hubby and I to use away from the kids. The back wall of the pool will be weeping rocks with a waterfall grotto with bench underneath in the far corner. We have decided on 3.5-5 feet for the depth. We would have liked to a have small 6 foot depth level near the grotto but in such a small pool we were told that that would make most of the pool 4.5 feet or higher and we have a 5,10 and short 14 year old and we want most of the space to be walkable to them. Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Our dig date is on Thursday! I am so excited and nervous!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New pool build in McKinney,Texas

Congrats on the new pool for you and the family! If you have ANY questions about the pool, its proposed equipment, or anything at all, don't hesitate to ask. Lots of folks here ready to pitch-in and help. Good luck!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

image.jpgThanks so much! I'm also attaching the General Specs that includes the equipment.

4. Back To Top    #4

THANKS! I LOVE helping build pools and spending other people's money! It is fun to watch as it happens.

I tried to read your General Specs but even with my readers on I could not read it. Can you type out the majors points as in size and models please OR take a close up picture and share it that way using photo bucket or such.

I love the design above-------great use of space. We would love to see where it is going to give us a good idea what you are dealing with. You can even "draw" the pool out using a bright rope or flour so you can see just how it looks in real life!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

I will type out the specs. Here are pics of the space. It's not flat so it looks even smaller.image.jpg

6. Back To Top    #6

Congrats on the new pool!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

7. Back To Top    #7

So where's all the stuff going after you put in the pool??
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

8. Back To Top    #8

I'm at my limit for image size already, not sure what that means. How do I attach pictures? Someone is coming for the trampoline today and we are moving everything else into the garage tonight.

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

The highlighted supporter link on the web page will net you more storage space. Also, many use Photobucket or similar to link to images.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

10. Back To Top    #10

KD, for your pics question ...... Have you tried linking your photos from Photobucket? That's what many of us do here on TFP. Upload your pics to Photobucket (free), then copy & paste the IMG code for that pic from Photobucket to your TFP post. Works great.

Also, you can try going to the bottom of your quick reply post where it says “Go Advanced”, and then down to where it says “Manage Attachments”. It may let you upload them that way. They may show-up large because you can't adjust the size of the attachment, but it may work.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.

11. Back To Top    #11

I posted the pictures from my 2 favorite design choices and depths. Please click here to view and let me know what you think.
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...r-dig-Thursday

12. Back To Top    #12

Gee. How do you chose between those two. They're both very nice. But I'm partial to the first because I like the bright blue color.

13. Back To Top    #13

Lol! So now you see my dilemma! The color of the water was just part of the artistic rendering I didn't choose that color. I went with a Tropic Blue color.

14. Back To Top    #14

I like the raised one.
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

15. Back To Top    #15

You will LOVE the sound of the spa water flowing over the rocks.. its just so relaxing. I didnt even think of that with mine and its awesome- so I vote for that one !
    20K gallon IG Plaster. 48sqft Hayward DE filter.

16. Back To Top    #16

Thanks guys for the feedback! We went with the 3.5-5.5 depth and the raised spa. They actually dug the hole yesterday and plumbing is supposed to be coming today. This is really happening!!!

17. Back To Top    #17

Final Plan

Final 3D image except we widened the rock waterfall on the spa a bit

18. Back To Top    #18

Love it! Has a great tropical feel.
    Marla

19. Back To Top    #19

Quote Originally Posted by amethys08 View Post
    Thanks guys for the feedback! We went with the 3.5-5.5 depth and the raised spa. They actually dug the hole yesterday and plumbing is supposed to be coming today. This is really happening!!!
    They dug the hole and you did not take and share a pictures??????? I thought you liked us *pout* LOL

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

20. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    They dug the hole and you did not take and share a pictures??????? I thought you liked us *pout* LOL

Kim
    Here you go. Plumbing was backed up at another job so they are supposed to come tomorrow if it doesn't rain too much. We went out and measured it and so far so good!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast