Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Calibration Solution for Pool PH Sensor

1. Back To Top    #1

Calibration Solution for Pool PH Sensor

Ive got an Astral Pool Equilibrium system with an PH probe and acid dosing system. Astral Pool sell a blue PH solution (PH of 7.5) in a 200ml bottle and needs to be replaced every 12months, it costs $40. I find this ridiculously expensive considering it only last 12months. Does anybody know if there is a cheaper solution you can use. I tried distilled water but am getting a very high PH reading of 7.9 where I would of thought it would be 7.0.

Any advice appreciated.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Calibration Solution for Pool PH Sensor

Welcome to TFP,

Some buffers are very expensive but I think you may find them online for less. Here people buy them from various suppliers pretty cheap, but I don't know how good they are, or how well they last. I know buffers that we use in industry are very pricy, much like what you describe, but they are very reliable. Over here, 7.0 is always yellow as a standard and blue is 10.0, but it's obvisouly different with that company, or just down under. Whatever you choose, you need to calibrate with a good buffer to ensure proper readings and pH control. You don't need 200ml so try to find one smaller, and be frugal with its use.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr