Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: BillyZ: Greetings from Western New York and the Great Lake Erie.

1. Back To Top    #1

BillyZ: Greetings from Western New York and the Great Lake Erie.

Quick intro; just moved into a new house with a an above ground pool (details in sig). I'm shopping around for SWG parts to convert the pool this spring, but my ultimate goal (might work towards it over the next couple of seasons) is to automate as much as possible. I would like to be able to check the pool's chemistry without having to drag out test tubes and dip-strips and have the pool take care of itself as much as possible. You know, be trouble-free.

Going to continue to dive through the existing discussions and finish up my research but i'll soon be posting my "plan to-date" for folks to poke holes in before I make any major financial mistakes!

Thanks everyone, chat at you soon!
    -BillyZ
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    AG, 13k, SWG Aqua Lite T5, Hayward Power Flo pump,
    Hayward Sand Filter, Jandy Lite2 Natural Gas heater,
    TF-100 test kit, Western NY (lake erie coast)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: BillyZ: Greetings from Western New York and the Great Lake Erie.

Well hello there! You are off to a good start! Finding TFP!

I can't wait to see your pool and area. Make sure to hop over to "just getting started" and post a picture or 100 to share with us!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome Billy. You are one of many who hope to automate and chlorinate their pool with ease. In the end though, we'll never get completely away from water testing as it is so critical to ensure that very same equipment is operating as it should. Still, it's very easy to do, and only take a couple minutes when you use the "right" test kit (TF-100 or Taylor K-2006). The link is in my sig, so definitely check it out. When you get ready to shop for SWGs and other automation devices, post back because many folks here can help point you in the right direction. Not me though, I can only point you to where I keep the manual vacuum hose and where I store my bottles of bleach.

Have a great day.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Splash View Post
    In the end though, we'll never get completely away from water testing as it is so critical to ensure that very same equipment is operating as it should.
    My comment was a little misleading. I absolutely will have a test kit and, as you said, be checking regularly to make sure the hardware is in-line on a routine basis. I'm just hoping to streamline the day-to-day level checking down to opening a panel (or preferably an app) and reading numbers. Leaving the test-tubes for weekend checkups and top-offs of associated chems for the hardware to dispense.

Thank you for the welcome! still a ton of research to go, and sadly, plenty of time to do it before our weather is really warm enough to open the pool... :/
    -BillyZ
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    AG, 13k, SWG Aqua Lite T5, Hayward Power Flo pump,
    Hayward Sand Filter, Jandy Lite2 Natural Gas heater,
    TF-100 test kit, Western NY (lake erie coast)