Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Best "Upgrade/Modification" of AGP

1. Back To Top    #1

Best "Upgrade/Modification" of AGP

With spring coming I was wondering what the best upgrade/modification people have done to their AGP after the initial install. Of the top of my head I'm looking for ideas to make cleaning easier, maintenance time less, swimming experience better, ambiance improvements, etc. Thanks in advance!
    Wil-Bar 27'x54" Quest AGP
    Hayward 1HP Powerflo Pump
    Hayward 256 T Swimpro Sand Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Best "Upgrade/Modification" of AGP

Depends on the type of AGP that was purchased. In general, here are some common ones (although some may not apply to you):
    - Larger/better filtration
    - SWG
    - More outlet/return jets for improved circulation
    - In-wall skimmer
    - Fountain/sprayer for fun and aeration
    - Rigid PVC plumbing (w/ more valves) to replace the original flex tubing

Those are some that came to mind.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

On my list for this year is:

- Ran electrical and added a Intermatic PE1535ME to automate running the pump, stenner, and pool light!
    - Hard plumbing
    - Adding in a hard plumbed fountain
    - Adding a Stenner pump to automate chlorine

I am pretty excited about this year! This will be my first complete summer and cannot wait to open the pool.
    My pool: Sharkline Venture 24' x 52" ; Pentair Dynamo 1 HP 2 Speed Pump ; Pentair SD80 Sand Filter; TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speed Stir

4. Back To Top    #4

Wanda the pool cleaner! She is the best! Put her in, turn the pump up to high and let her do the work!

Amazon.com : Hayward 900 Wanda the Whale Above-Ground Automatic Pool Cleaner : Swimming Pool Maintenance Kits : Patio, Lawn Garden

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

I agree with Kim, Wanda is the best. The kids love her.

A Few things I have done:
    lighting, I found some solar rope lights on Amazon.
    SWCG
    Poured a concrete pad and hard plumbed
    BT speakers/sound system
    I would like to do some solar heating this year, added a valve and made a fountain
    Someone on here made a Laminar Flow nozzle with LED lights, it is awesome. I have been thinking about making my own
    ~Matt~ Radiant Metric 24'x52" 14k- built into a slope. CircuPool Si-30 SWCG. Jandy 200 SqFt cartridge filter. Pentair Optiflow 2-speed 1HP pump. Wanda the Whale. TF-100 Test Kit. Hard Plumbed.
    My Build w/ lots of pics

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks!

What are the benefits of hard plumbing?

Are there tutorials on adding more jets? What are the benefits?

We have a Hayward Aquabug. Is the same as Wanda? We've never been able to get it to run properly (it always misses entire sections of the pool).
    Wil-Bar 27'x54" Quest AGP
    Hayward 1HP Powerflo Pump
    Hayward 256 T Swimpro Sand Filter

7. Back To Top    #7

Generally, hard plumbing provides better longevity, stability, and the ability to install additional valves to isolate certain areas or adjust water flow. The additional returns help to enhance circulation and the direction of water flow to the skimmer.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

8. Back To Top    #8

With hard plumbing, you dont have hose clamps leaking, dogs cant chew through the hose, easier to mow around, and if you use unions make it easier to winterize and swap/repair equpment. However, depending on the setup, it can make it easier for children to climb into the pool. I keep our pool covered alot with a solar cover, this year I want to make or buy a fountain or another type of aeration methood. I cant find the on listed in pool school http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...long-to-aerate
    15x54 swim & play vinyl metal wall AG
    Hayward S210T sand filter 1.5 HP Pentair Superflo vs
    Rheem raypak 130,000 BTU mv ng
    Jacuzzi 345 whirlpool bath
    TF-100 test kit, HM digital com100 Wanda the Whale