How to power Solaxx phTEK (or any other low A device) off Hayward Echostar directly?

iom

May 30, 2012
Tempe, AZ
I do not have any timer nor automatic control system. I do have Hayward Echostar pump and I would like the Acid Pump to work only when the Echostar pool pump works.
I have Solaxx phTEK accid feed peristaltic pump device so I assume it draws little current, but it is 240V.
Are there any accessible (or easily hackable) terminals to take 240V off the pump which has power only when pump is on?
Or is there an automatic switch for 240V that powers the second outlet and the first has power flowing through it (there such for 120V on Amazon: Amazon.com: DGC PRODUCTS i-Socket Autoswitch: Home Improvement).

Current sensors - like for HVAC humidifires?

I know that Solaxx might be overpriced but it still is cheaper than other name brands, and I am running out of time for building the whole thing from scratch. But I would like to avoid having to spend too much on the whole automation system just to run the acid feed.
Thanks for any suggestions.

You could put a current sensing relay on the power to the pump, when the pump is using current, power could be supplied to the acid feeder. This is what come members have done to power SWGs when they have a VS pump with built-in timer. Unfortunately I do not have a handy link to provide.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.