Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Taking over RV Camp Ground Pool for summer.

1. Back To Top    #1

Taking over RV Camp Ground Pool for summer.

OK So I arrived here to find a very nice clean sparkling water in the pool. Lots of small leaves floating around but have been cleaned up most recently with no obvious problems.

3-10-16 Test
    FC 0
    PH 7.8
    Alk 60
    CYA 90-100

So I am thinking I dump 56% right off the bat using pool math to lower CYA.

3-12-16
    Water (Well on property) is now refilling after draw down.

3-13-16
    Filling pool cont.......About 18" left to be topped off.
    Dropped 2 gallons of 10.5% bleach until it tops off just to get cranking on getting to a OCLT asap.
    Tonight's reading:
    C=12 ppm @ 20:45 hrs.
    23,000 Gallon In Ground Pool Masonry Plaster finish and 36" surrounding walk.
    Sand filter by Triton II w/1HP pump. Using K2005 Taylor Complete (High) Test Kit
    Use: RV Camp Ground Medium-Heavy load w/approximately 65 campsites. Water is supplied from well on property.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Taking over RV Camp Ground Pool for summer.

If I am correct a pool at a commercial campground would fall under the definition of a “Public swimming pool” in Florida. There are a host of regulations including required training for the pool operator and specific methods of additions of chemicals. You may want to verify this as I may not be correct.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

Well that was a nice thing to find! At least you will not have to fight a green monster right off the bat.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

We are actively engaged with local regulatory and getting required certifications necessary to meet the requirements.
    Sand filter by Triton II w/1HP pump. Using K2005 Taylor Complete (High) Test Kit
    Use: RV Camp Ground Medium-Heavy load w/approximately 65 campsites. Water is supplied from well on property.

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Here are the requirements. Looks like a 16 hour training course is required for sure.

http://www.floridahealth.gov/%5C/env...ols/index.html

Sounds like you are all over it!

Good luck.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6

Quick question: How do I save the "Pool Math" page so that I don't have to continually place the input each time I visit? If this is the wrong place to ask I apologize if I need redirected please feel free.

7. Back To Top    #7

if your browser is set to not accept cookies, then pool math won't recall what you put in.
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.

8. Back To Top    #8

Registered with for the April 6-7th course at FSU Leach Center. State CPO Certification course.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for that, Ill check and that is probably it.

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by dr2casto View Post
    Registered with for the April 6-7th course at FSU Leach Center. State CPO Certification course.
    Great!! Now, after - not before you take the class read this thread: Certified Pool Operator (CPO) training -- What is not taught

As it has things that may "conflict" with what is taught wait to read it. Pass the class first.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

10. Back To Top    #10

Yes, I will and probably have a good idea of what it says.....I have been maintaining pools for 3 years now as a "workamper" in various parks and the knowledge of the "CPO's" at each park has dumbfounded me to this day. I made every attempt to get them to subscribe or at least read the valuable info on "troublefreepool.com but to my surprise they declined to change treatment methods that are archaic and sometimes the reason for the problems that confronted them. Hey, Im just a workamper, Ill do what ever you tell me....your the one that has to answer to the inspector.....I made it a point to be there to see the outcome and was not surprised how "flexible" some of the inspectors become due to this level of inadequate knowledge and understanding by some pool operators. I am a great fan of this site, how can anyone not be?

11. Back To Top    #11

Todays pool math......

FC 5
    TC 0
    pH 7.6
    Alk 100
    Temp 70
    CH 230
    SI 0.0
    Pool is looking fabulous.....thanks for the input and information everyone.

12. Back To Top    #12

Welcome to TFP, and thank you for the kind words. It's sounds like you get it very well already, so I'll just say I hope you enjoy your time here.

Numbers look pretty good all round' but watch your pH for creep up. Pretty flexible with your low CH level, so no panic there. You can quite likely look at using Cal Hypo some if it makes sense cost wise. I know Florida is loaded with bleach suppliers, so that is something you'll have to decide on.

PS

I enjoyed your background story on the different folks. The beliefs and amount of knowledge you find never cease to dumbfound me either. It's truly amazing sometimes.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem