Hello from Northern California, San Jose

GED

Mar 13, 2016
San Jose, CA
Hello,

Just joined today as I will be in need of advice.

I bought my house in 2007, and it came with a pool:

IMG_20160313_175153.jpg

looks like a 13000 or 16000 gallons pool. Any idea on the capacity? Is that a standard pool?
The house was built in 1972. No idea on when the pool was added (there was no pool originally when the house was built).
It has:
- Pentair WhisperFlo E-Plus pump for circulating water.
- Pentair Clean and Clear Plus four cartridges filter
- a Polaris 280 automatic pool cleaner
- A Zodiac PB4-60Q Polaris Halcyon Booster Pump with Quiet 60-Hertz Motor (replaced in June 2014)

I've emptied my pool because it needs to be repainted.
I plan to give it a shot and see if I can do this all by myself over a few week-ends.

Have a good day,

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: While you are having the work done, please make sure to checkout the Pool School page (link in my sig). At the same time, please go ahead and add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. It will help us later. This link may also help you: Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post.

We look forward to help you enjoy this swimming season. :swim:

That is such a pretty pool and area! What a nice place to be and enjoy!

Why are you painting it? I bet a good bleach clean up it will look much better. Painting does not tend to last long before it started flaking :(

I would love to see the tile over by the rocks. They look so different.

Do you have a test kit yet? If not look in my siggy for the one we use and love. That will help you keep your pool clear and pretty.

Kim