Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Reliable SWG for 10k gal AG pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

Reliable SWG for 10k gal AG pool?

We've had Intex all vinyl pools for years. Now we are getting an AG pool that doesn't need to be put in the shed every fall. My pool (MGK pools- Lamark) has resin parts for just about everything, except stainless steel hardware, steel walls and an aluminum bottom track. We are getting a Reliant cartridge filter (1 h.p.)and some kind of salt water system. What type of SWG is more durable? They can save a lot of time (I like that!), but are costly & don't seem to last long (don't like that!)
    Rick
    21 ft. round, 10k gallon AG resin pool with steel walls & aluminum bottom track. Reliant 1 h.p. cartridge filter. Saltwater system. Hagerstown, Maryland

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Reliable SWG for 10k gal AG pool?

Welcome to TFP and congrats on the new pool! Saltwater is definitely the way to go for ease and convenience.

Are you looking for a permanent hard plumbed unit? The Hayward AQR9 is a good unit, Hayward AquaRite Chlorine Generator System AQR9 | Hayward AQR9

Or this is good, Hayward Salt Swim Salt Chlorinator SAS-ABG

The cheapest way to go is an Intex saltwater chlorine generator which should work for at least 3 years or so.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Reliable SWG for 10k gal AG pool?

Thanks for the welcome to TFP. We are excited about the new pool & can hardly wait for warmer weather!

I used an Intex saltwater chlorine generator on an intex easy set (100% all vinyl) pool for years and was very happy with it. I'd probably go with another Intex SWG for my new pool, except for one thing. Intex says the appropriate flow rate for their larger SWG is 700 to 3000 gph. My new cartridge pump (one speed) is 6000 gph. I emailed Intex to see if their SWG would work, but I haven't heard back from them. I have no idea what problem a "too high" flow rate could cause. What do you think?
    Rick
    21 ft. round, 10k gallon AG resin pool with steel walls & aluminum bottom track. Reliant 1 h.p. cartridge filter. Saltwater system. Hagerstown, Maryland