Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: T-cell replacement

1. Back To Top    #1

T-cell replacement

Are T-cells interchangeable between Aqua Rite and Swimpure Plus?

12k gal; IG gunite; 420 sf Pentair Clean & Clear Plus ctg filter; 2 hp Pentair pump; built c. 2007; test strips and pool store; Hayward Aqua Rite SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: T-cell replacement

Hi Marie,
    Welcome to TFP!

Yes, the T Cells are interchangable.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you. That is good news. Now. I'll have to get more info and come back for advice about why the new t-cell isn't generating chlorine.

12k gal; IG gunite; 420 sf Pentair Clean & Clear Plus ctg filter; 2 hp Pentair pump; built c. 2007; test strips and pool store; Hayward Aqua Rite SWG

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Hi Marie, just curious, what size cell did you have and how many years did you get. I sure hope the builder didn't undersize it. That will greatly reduce its life.

5. Back To Top    #5

There was a t-15 when we bought the house and it was beyond 4 years old. I replaced a few months ago with a t-15-step. All was good in the beginning and then started having issues with chlorine production. Because it was the winter, the issue took a backseat. In Louisiana, we are having steady days in the mid- to upper-70's. Time to get to the bottom of the problem. I noticed today that the panel is not reading the salt properly even after I tried resetting.

6. Back To Top    #6

Not "step" t-15-swp

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

I would price out a t-15 cell, with your volume of water it should last 4-8 years depending on how long your season is. They come with a three year warranty. One other thing is to ensure your cya is around 80 ppm, having proper cya will allow you to turn percentage down and lengthen the life of a cell. Improper readings are the first sign of it coming to the end of its life sadly.

8. Back To Top    #8

The current cell is only a few months old. I may take advantage of the home warranty to have the panel checked.

9. Back To Top    #9

What are the diagnostic readings?

10. Back To Top    #10

17.6 (this number seemed like a moving target - not sure if I got it right)
    40p
    AL-0
    r 1.55
    t-15

11. Back To Top    #11

12. Back To Top    #12

Thanks. I'll call the home warranty company.