Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CaliMar Titanium

1. Back To Top    #1

CaliMar Titanium

I am finally about to make the switch to a SWG. I'm looking at the CaliMar Titanium Edition Inground.
    Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about this brand??
    It's really inexpensive and has a 7yr warranty. Any thoughts?

CaliMar Titanium Edition In-Ground Salt Chlorine Generator up to 45K Gal | CMARSCT45-7Y | Active Pool Supply

Thanks!
    36000 Gallon, IG, biggest Hayward sand filter, vinyl liner, Polaris vacuum

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: CaliMar Titanium

No information on that brand, but we recommend that you go 2X the volume of your pool. So, you should be looking at SWCGs in the 70K gallon range.

When you buy a SWCG that is rated for the exact (or close) volume of your pool you are often required to run the pump longer than you might need to to give it time ot produce the amount of chlorine you need. Plus, you are probably going to need to run it at 100% most of the time. SWCGs have finite life. Being able to run it at 50% will double the life expectancy than if you ran it at 100% all the time.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks!!!

36000 Gallon, IG, biggest Hayward sand filter, vinyl liner, Polaris vacuum

4. Back To Top    #4

It's another SWG that CompuPool is distributing. It you decide to go with that brand go for the 60 sized cell for your pool.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

5. Back To Top    #5

Hello, not sure what you went with, but Calimar Titanium Edition Salt Chlorine Generator is rebranded circupool rj-g with cpx power supply not 100% sure, but bigger heat sink. I can't recommend them currently.
    Last edited by bobodaclown; 07-02-2016 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Updated info
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida