Pentair minimax NT blower popped then stopped working

Mar 4, 2016
Santa Maria
The blower ran for 15-30s, a loud pop occurred, and it will not start again. This was prior to the ignition cycle. It happened the day after it rained. I have the heater cover off now to inspect, and water certainly could NOT have gotten into the blower motor itself. What happened?

Who knows for sure what happened. Maybe the capacitor on it blew. Does the unit come to life other than the blower working? If all else seems fine and it's just that the blower stopped working, then is sounds like you need a new motor.

Yes, the water pressure switch and thermostat work. The blower does not start, so the ignition cycle does not start.

Learned yesterday after I left the heater on for a while, error code 4 came on which is the fan.

Now...replace the blower or replace the heater? Choices. The heater is 10 years old already and discontinued. We'll see.

Thank you

Yes that is the start run capacitor and yes 5 micro. I would also inspect the squirrel cage on the motor as well. If it's in bad shape it would be better to replace with a new motor.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.