Solar paused pump alarm

Mar 12, 2016
Cape Coral
I keep getting the error message "solar paused, pump alarm" on my solartouch controller. It happens randomly and only when the pump is not scheduled to run. It happens daily and I am not having power outages. Pentair thought it was the controller and sent a new one. It is still happening. We are baffled. Why is the pump causing this alarm?

Sure, I have a 9000 gallon in ground pool with approximately 600 square feet of solar panels on the roof. The solar touch controller controls an intelliflo pump and three way valve that sends water to the panels when solar heating is available. The entire system is less then 3 months old and we have had the "solar paused, pump alarm" problem from day one. I think we have now ruled out the controller as the problem. I checked the system this evening after it shutdown and everything is good to go. The controller has the solid green light lit. When I check tomarrow morning odds are it will be in the alarmed state once again.

All this means is the roof sensor is warmer than the water sensor and the controller thinks it can heat the pool, but it senses the pump is not running. Most of the time this is a non-issue. When the pump starts the error will clear and the solar will come on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.