Pool Cell Replacement

Mar 6, 2016
Lebanon/TN
I am needing some guidance and advice. We need to replace our pool cell this spring. Currently we have the Pentair IC20:
View attachment 45639

View attachment 45640

When i emailed our pool company they said they could get the same cell for $500 with a one year warranty vs. Hayward who has a 3 year warranty.
Should i switch to Hayward if all of the equipment is Pentair? Is he trying to up sell me on more expensive products? Is it worth it to switch to Hayward? What model from Hayward would i need if i switched?
Also, I found the Pentair IC20 on Amazon for $450 so i guess i will order it from there if thats what we choose.
Thanks in advance!!:fish:

It depends on if you have Pentair automation or not. Typically TFP recommends keeping all your equipment in the same family. However, if everything is just a standalone device (no automation tying it all together), then there's no reason you can't mix & match.

We also recommend getting SWGs that are sized about 1.5 to 2X your pool volume. I think you'd be better off with an IC40 as opposed to an IC20 as you will be able to run the IC40 (and your single speed pump which is an energy waste) for less time for the same amount of chlorine production. I have an IC40 on my 16,000 gallon pool an I will definitely be upgrading to an IC60 when the time comes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

Also, if you buy online and self install, Pentair will only give you a 60 day warranty. They only offer the longer warranties if you buy and install from a Pentair licensed dealer and professional installer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

The shortened warranty is across the board for Hayward, Pentair, and Jandy. The easiest is to replace with Pentair as you don't have to cut and glue any pipe. With a switch you will have to have a new power center for the new swcg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.