Rocking along-- New Houston Area Build Ramping Up

Well, the terrible weather slowed down our quick build, but we are so close!

Deck topping happened Monday

Interior pool clean is happening today, and final grading and clean is scheduled for tomorrow. Pre-plaster inspection is next Monday, followed by plaster!

Right now, I am just ready for my deck topping to finish curing for 3 days, so I can move furniture onto it!

Oh yeah! Now PLEASE tell me you will be there when they show up! You need to make sure they have the correct color and such for YOUR plaster. Last summer we had one pool get the wrong plaster (a downgrade) and another one almost get the wrong color :( They had to chip out the downgraded plaster (someone got a free upgrade) and the other one was sent back to the office to reload.

Kim:cat:

It is just 30% blue quartz added to white plaster, but will give that tropical water look we like.

Start up was yesterday, and we discovered that the intake and return lines were flipped in the spa, so those need to be dug up at the pad and attached to the correct ports. I was impressed by our builder for most of the build, but towards the end, maybe due to weather, we had a couple of subs that were less than great, some missed dates, and now this.

I'm worried about the curing process for our brand new plaster with this misstep, and we ended up running the return only for the spa so at least some water is circulating. PB didn't understand why I had an issue with chemicals just sitting in my brand new spa without water circulation/filtering. He thinks resolving this over the next few days is fine, and I have a different opinion.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
They fixed everything the very next morning, and all is running like it should. This Saturday, we have pool school, and we will take over from there. I need to test the water this afternoon. The builder added a bunch of chemicals at start-up, but not chlorine. I'm not sure why, but they said that is their start up procedure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.