Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pool toy storage

1. Back To Top    #1

pool toy storage

I'm in the planning process of adding a deck around my above ground pool this spring. What is everyone using for pool toy and float storage? I'm looking at Suncast resin chests/boxes right now. I would like to have the storage right there on the deck, but floats take up a ton of space and would require a huge shed for all of the floats. It's pretty windy here, so leaving them out will result in the floats ending up in the next county over. I have a garden shed close by, but don't like storing pool stuff in there because then I'm bringing grass clippings and other debris in the pool. Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: pool toy storage

I've got a Keter Store It out Max and can highly recommend them for pool toys. The great thing about this model is the access from the top and the front and they are very sturdy and well made.
    11 000 gallons, IG, Fibreglass, Monarch Sand Filter, Davey Typhoon C100M 1HP pump, Davey Chloromatic Mc16CTO ESR SWG, Davey Pool Wall Climba Robot, Daisy Solar Cover,
    K-2006

3. Back To Top    #3

I have 2 Suncast chest on my patio. A large one for bleach baking soda and other small thing nags and the other I store towels, sunscreen, first aid kit. I have yet to figure out what to do with the floats and have them piled up around my pump area.
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!

4. Back To Top    #4

pvc pool float rack - Google Search

Here are some good pictures of ideas. You can make most of them using PVC. To keep the floats from floating away with the wind I bet you could use bungee cords to hold them down.

Let us know which ones you get/make and how they work out for you.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

We bought a cheap rolling laundry sorter from WalMart. Easy to move for cleaning, tall enough to contain noodles, mesh lets things drain and drip-dry. If it gets broken or damaged, it's quick, easy and inexpensive to replace.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Honey-Can-...amper/15641335
    16,661 gal IG PebbleTec w/ Spa; 60 ft2 Jandy DE filter, 2 HP Jandy Variable Speed pump; 2 skimmer; 400K BTU Jandy heater; Polaris Sport; opened 9/15/14; TF-100 test kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Oh I like those! THANKS for sharing!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

I have used a few different things, this year we are going to buy one of these boxes from Sam's They are huge.

Keter Jumbo Deck Box - 150 Gallon - Sam's Club
    ~Matt~ Radiant Metric 24'x52" 14k- built into a slope. CircuPool Si-30 SWCG. Jandy 200 SqFt cartridge filter. Pentair Optiflow 2-speed 1HP pump. Wanda the Whale. TF-100 Test Kit. Hard Plumbed.
    My Build w/ lots of pics

8. Back To Top    #8

That's what we're using.

21,000 gallons, Salt, IG Gunite, Plaster Finish, Free From, Pentair FNS DE cartridge filter, Pentair Intelliflo-VS pump, Intellichlor IC-40, 2 port fountains, bubbler in tanning deck, Dolphin M400, TF-100, K-1766, Speed Stir