Skimmer basket nets

Reactions: Tbombs517
These are the expensive version -

Amazon.com : Jed Industries 80-852 Pool Skimmer Sock : Swimming Pool Skimmers : Patio, Lawn Garden

But now I use these -

Amazon.com: Disposable Hair Net, Spun-Bonded Polypropylene, White, 100 per Bag: Sports Outdoors

Note, the hair nets will likely not help with the pollen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

I will likely use the expensive version right now while I am having pollen issues. Then switch to the cheap versions. Thank you for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I ask why you would want to use the nets? I have a Pentair 520 4 cartridge filter that does just fine. Are you trying to avoid cleaning your cartridge filter after pollen season. Our pollen season is just starting to get real bad and just curious.

Can I ask why you would want to use the nets? I have a Pentair 520 4 cartridge filter that does just fine. Are you trying to avoid cleaning your cartridge filter after pollen season. Our pollen season is just starting to get real bad and just curious.

From my experience, using the fine skimmer sock really cuts down on the fine particulates going into the filter. My filter definitely stays cleaner. The cheaper hair nets are great for the large debris and it allows you to just pull the net out with all the gunk in it and throw it all away. No need to rinse out the strainer basket with a hose or anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

I use the regular skimmer socks that you rinse out and reuse. Having a hose nearby makes it fast and easy. They sure do save my filter from all that fluffy icky pollen!

My concern about the disposable hairnet ones is that being made out of polypropylene they are not biodegradable.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I stretch mine over the skimmer and weight down with a rock that is slightly bigger than my suction line in case I accidentally drop it in the skimmer while the basket is out. Picture when I get home unless someone beats me to it.

an even cheaper method, knee high pantie hose from Walmart..

The hairnets are $6 per 100. I know the knee highs are reusable, but they don't last very long because the chlorine eats the elastic. You just toss the hair nets and you have to clean the knee highs. That's why I switched.

I do still use knee highs in my leaf canister because they fit better.

NO!
Never use anything in the pump basket. It's way too likely to wind up wrapped around the pump impeller.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.