Heat pump for florida gulf coast

Jrdh

Mar 5, 2016
Trinity, FL
Hi,
we are looking for heat pump recommendations for our 11,000 gallon saltwater pool with screen enclosure. We will use a solar blanket. Our pool pump is Jandy 2.0 variable if that makes a difference. Leslie has a sunrunner 127,000 btu 5.8 cop for $2,999 with free install. Is this a good deal, or a piece of junk?
Thanks for your help.

I'm in the Pensacola area and just had the same one as Pooldv delivered last week. I haven't made much progress getting it running yet though, but finally have the concrete pad ready, lol.

I'm not sure what your goals are, but I was reasonably happy with no heater at all last year but looking only to use the pool earlier, and later each year. Mine is about 14k gallons and also enclosed. The water temp fluctuates widely in Spring and Fall so I'M mostly only hoping to prevent some/most/all of the loss overnight and let mother nature keep warming it during the day. I wish I could already tell you how well it worked or not though!!! Although, this is still a bit early for when I'd likely kick it on.

However, if you feel you need more and also don't like installing things yourself that doesn't seem like a bad deal if installation included. My experience so far with pool stores though is they route plumbing shortest, and craziest path, means possible and cause OCD panic attacks I have to go redo anyway, lol.

If you have good exposure, solar heat may be a very viable option for you. Our pool - slightly larger - is in the 80s this year with just a few weeks of solar. I think we are just a bit north of you in latitude, but similar. :swim:

Thank you for the responses. We have ruled out solar as we don't want to mess with the roof. Last year we were only able to get to 80 for a couple weeks. Our swim season was May-sept. And that was 74-78 most of the time. That's not enough for me!

I agree on all points above! Water below mid-80s is too cold. Solar is great and not really a roof issue. We get to swim a lot of days because of heat from solar. We would put more solar panels up if we could. But, that is tricky for us and with rain and cloudy days solar doesn't help a lot. So, we decided to use solar for primary heating and the heat pump for extra heat as needed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.