Circupool RJ 60 Classic and VS pump

Mar 5, 2013
Fort Worth Texas
i installed a VS pump and having trouble with the circupool rj 60 cell only filling up 1/2 way with water at
70 % pump speed . I was thinking maybe my pump wasen't strong enough ( 2.5 hp ) but i just read a artical on another site where a guy has the itellaflo 3 hp and was having the same issues ..
Looking at the circupool website i can't use a new style inline type cell with the " classic " system.
Wondering if lowering the cell might increase flow at lower speed . The cell is mounter to a kinda manifold of pvc pipe about a foot higher than the pipe..

Anybody have this issue !!!!

Is the SWG shutting off due to low flow? If not, then it shouldn't be an issue.

Yes it does shut off after about 30 min. The cell drains to about 1/2 full than about 30min later 1/4 than red water fault light comes on .unit shuts off to protect it self.

If i open my heater bypass jandy valve all the way i get the cell full. But have almost no suction at skimmers..and the filter pressure goes up to. 20+ pounds.

If it close the heater bypass valve a little i get good shimmer flow and the filter pressure goes down to about 16 lbs

This cell is not exactly in line (see pic )

- - - Updated - - -

Pic of the pool

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 80
It sounds like it is a plumbing issue within the system and the cell is not the cause of it. Hopefully a plumbing expert will scan this and offer up a solution.

For now I would adjust the valves so the cell stays full or turn off the SWG and use bleach until you find a solution.

I just read that it needs 25-30 GPM of flow which is a bit on the higher end for SWG's. Your pump should be able to handle that much flow at 60% so it might be something in the plumbing that is restricting the flow. AS a note, I'm far from being an expert on flow.

Got it all sorted had serveral problems at the same time , suction leak etc, bypass valve position
The Circupool VS Pump is working nicely now. IT's really quiet !!!
MY water seems super sparkely , wonder if it is helping to run the water through the filter slower ??
The pump is very easy to change the percentages ( RPM ) and run times.
Next to check electric bill for any savings.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.