yikes pool is black

Apr 27, 2014
Houston, TX
Hi all,

looking for advice. Going into the weekend pool looked good. Saturday my pool was sparkling after cleaning cartridge filters, sunday pool was in great shape. Put out new black mulch in 2 beds behind pool. pool was balanced all was fine. Tuesday little rain, Wednesday 4 inches rain, figured i would come home today toa murky pool and rebalance and tomorrow all would be fine. Cannot see 2 feet into the pool, It is black!

I suspect so much rain in short amount of time that the water soaked through the mulch and made tea colored water that flowed right into he pool???? is there another possibility?

Here are the results from testing.
Temp 66
PH 7.8
FC 2.0
TA 50
CH 400
CYA 40

Please advice?

thank you,
Rich

Well Rich, you appear to be a non SWG pool, so your FC is indeed low, but that wouldn't account for black. I suspect with all of our recent rain that the stain has bled-over as you suggested. We'll see what others have to say, and if anyone else has had that same experience. But I would increase your FC to 5-6 based on your current CYA and just let the filter do its job. Perhaps by tomorrow it may stat to improve. May take a day or two. If it doesn't improve at all, let us know.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.