Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How Many Lights and Which Ones and Controller?

1. Back To Top    #1

Chattanooga, TN

How Many Lights and Which Ones and Controller?

Our pool has been dug and the gravel is being spread. Our PB included 3 lights in the contract. Another PB's bid included 5 lights and with the pool being so large, I would rather add the cost of 2 or 3 lights than have it not sufficiently lit. I have a Hayward Universal Color Logic brochure which makes their LED light look amazing. Is this the best one? How many do you think the pool should have? Is there a thread that someone can remember that recommends a list of the latest and best pool equipment and controllers?
    25 x 60 IG, 10' sunshelf, 24' sh, 26' dp; 57,600 gallons; 8' Jump Board; Hayward Equipment: 2 Sand Filters 36" Tank S360T2; 2 TriStar 5.0 HP FR Pumps SP3250EE; 2 Natural Gas Heaters H400FDN; OmniLogic; Sense & Dispense HL-CHEM; 2 SWG; pH Dispense Acid Feed System AQL-CHEM4-ACID; 2 systems work independently; Hydrazzo Plaster; TigerShark 2 Plus Commercial Robotic; 1 Spa and 3 ColorLogic lights; CoverStar automatic cover.

2. Back To Top    #2
    South-Central Texas, Marion/San Antonio

Re: How Many Lights and Which Ones and Controller?

Wow! You're having a lake installed in your backyard. What a monster. 10' deep too! CANNONBALL! Nice. Our (tiny ) 40' pool has 3 LED lights along one side, so I would think two more (5 total) for a pool your size should be good. I turn mine on manually, then they have different color functions, so I can't speak to the computer-automation part. But I suppose many of the name-brand lights will work well for you. Some other readers will probably reply as well.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Austin, Texas

Re: How Many Lights and Which Ones and Controller?

My pool is 43' and I have 3 LED lights along one side and it is lit up nicely with an additional one in the spa. I would think you would need min 4 and probably 5 to to be safe. I use Jandy Lights connected to by Jandy automation.
    43 x 19 Gunite Pool w/ spa and fire pit, 19,000 gallons, Pebble Sheen Aqua Blue finish, Jandy 2 HP VS E-pump, Jandy 580 sq ft Cartridge Filter, Jandy LXI 400k Heater, Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWCG, 4 Jandy LED color lights, Aqualink PDA and Iaqualink, Polaris 280 with Booster Pump. Polaris 9550 Robot Cleaner. 1 HP Silencer Air Blower for Spa