I realize that all my questions are likely found deep in these forums but my head does the double spin and I fall down Rabbit Holes reading about things I don't understand, yet. I have many questions but here I will start with my most pressing concerns.
1. Does the fact that my returns bubble and growl every 2 to 3 minutes mean I have an issue?
2. Does the fact that my bottom drain (not sure if correct lingo) has a cover that isnt attached and is often far removed from the drain cause problems?
3. Am I truly looking at a 4000.00 to 6000.00 outlay for a pool refinish? It was built in 1982 and has peeling paint (was told people paint pools to help sell homes?!) which I remove bi-weekly from the filter. Even if the algae is tame, the pool is always slightly cloudy with bits of paint.
4. Do all of the above explain partly (the main part being my steep learning curve with Pool water balance etc.) my continuous algae wars?
5. Can a pool this old support a vacuum?
I was doing the trips to the Pool Store for help until I began to realize that my advice was completely dependent on who was behind the counter. Different guy, different solution. I have now discovered TFP and am placing my faith here. I purchased the K-2006 and was thrilled to balance the PH all by myself!!!! A small victory.
If it helps my CYA is 70, FC is 2.5 and CC is .5
Thanks so much for taking the time!