I think lightning fried my Intelliflo pump

The pool guy got back to me and said the electrical control assembly needs replacement and it would be $800+ to replace. I decided to buy a new 1/2 hp whisperflo for $450. Now i just gotta figure out how to hook up the plumbing and electrical. Pentair should be ashamed of itself for the price gougery that's involved with this "water resistant" electrical control assembly on the intelliflo.

How old is the Intelliflo? If installed by a professional company and registered within 60 days, it would carry a three year warranty. You would have to go through an authorized Pentair warranty repair company though. Also, do you have an inline chlorine feeder? You need to make sure that, if downsizing the pump that much, you maintain a minimum of 40-50 gallons per minute flow rate for that chlorine feeder to work properly.

the pump is about 4 1/2 years old. the pool tech said that he didn't think lightning caused the failure, just water. it rained 7 inched in a 2 day period a few days ago. he said he's seen several of the "older style" intelliflo controllers fail. mine was installed in 2011. i'm not about to pay $1000 dollars for another expensive piece of electronic equipment that sits out in the rain.

and mas985 said that the 1/2 hp whisperflo should provide about 68 gpm flow.

Question, my pool builder says there is going to be an additional charge to rewire for a single speed pump because I previously had a intelliflo. He said something like the intelliflo wiring is hot all the time and he will have to change that??? i have no automation btw, just an intelliflo hooked up to a timer.

Just wanted to bump this thread to thank Mark (mas985) for all his help. I installed my 1/2 hp whisperflo (WFE-2) pump yesterday and everything is up and running again after 2 weeks stagnant. Almost blue water again. I can't believe how much flow we get out of this 1/2 hp pump. It is equivalent to level 3 on our intelliflo. Also I have listed my non working intelliflo power end for sale if anyone is interested and knows how to fix it. A link is attached.
Pentair Intelliflo power end (not working)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.