Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: windows with vinyl panes?

1. Back To Top    #1

windows with vinyl panes?

I have a indoor pool with screened/ vinyl windows. The vinyl has become brittle. Where do you get the vinyl for replacement? Its held on the frame with a u-shaped spline. We would like to be able to replace the bronze film ourselves. Thank you, Peter G.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: windows with vinyl panes?

Peter, are you talking about the screen material? If so I get mine from Lowes. They also have the spline. It is different sizes to make sure to take some of your old stuff with you to match it. Measure you windows to make sure you get wide enough but not too wide.

It is very easy to replace the screen material. Let me know if you need any tips.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

If you are talking about screen you can get at any home improvement and do it yourself or some local ACE hardwares offer rescreening for relatively cheap.
    36,000 Gallon, 40x20 IG, Vinyl, Hayward S- 200 Sand Filter, 300,000 MasterTemp heater, 1hp Superpump, Polaris 9550 sport, TF100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

I have not seen the vinyl in stores. My folks had there sun porch redone and they had to have a company come out and do it. Supposedly they have new stuff that lasts longer. Plus there is a special cleaner, you probably have it, the cleans and keeps the material from getting brittle.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a special vinyl material that I have not seen in the DIY stores.

This isn't a screen but an actual vinyl material that acts like a real window for a s sun room.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

5. Back To Top    #5

The vinyl is what I am looking for. It gets expensive at $15.00 a 42 in x 15 in window, one wall has 24 windows! What I found different about this vinyl is that it slightly stretches and then will return to its original size/shape. Thanks, Pete
    Indoor, vinyl, kidney shaped,10,000 gallon pool with 140,000 btu heat pump, Hayward C900 filter, Hayward inline Chlorinater, 1 1/2 hp pump.

6. Back To Top    #6

Of course it would not be as easy as going to Lowes Sorry

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit