Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Advice needed for replaster using QuartzScapes Caribbean Series - Aruba Sky

1. Back To Top    #1

Advice needed for replaster using QuartzScapes Caribbean Series - Aruba Sky

Hello,

Almost 30 days ago I had my pool replastered with Quartzscapes Caribbean Series Aruba Sky (http://www.nptpool.com/finishes/quar...ribbean-series)

Our PB said that I should expect 'marbling effects' / 'slight discoloration'. We talked to NPT and a friend that had a lighter color of Quartzscapes and felt that whatevever happened with the plaster we would be okay with it. NPT said that as long as the recommended pool startup is followed then there should be no marbling. Now, we are at the end of the pool startup phase and want to get a second opinion on how part of the plaster looks.

image1.jpg
    image001.jpg

What do you all think? Have you seen this? Any suggestions on what we can do to make the colors ...more consistant?

Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Advice needed for replaster using QuartzScapes Caribbean Series - Aruba Sky

LOVE the color and tile combo! VERY pretty.

For the uneven coloring you can brush and they can do another acid wash. Talk to your PB and see what he says.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!

See what the PB says or does first and then get NPT involved to go look at it and help resolve it.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

If you can take a picture with the pump off and the water glassy smooth, it will show the surface better...though it doesn't change the above advice.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

That is not what it should look like. I hope someone on the site will come along to help you. I also have quartscape tahoe blue and it looks awful. I am still waiting for the plaster co to make good on a terrible job
    pool 11-14,IG 16,500G 4ft to 6ft Quartz Tahoe Blue Pentair equip VS pump cartridge filter IC40 SWG Heat Pump Hayward Shark XL Robotic Eagle Point, Or

6. Back To Top    #6

I see what you're talking about. I hope they can fix this. Maybe another acid wash? BTW, i love the color
    2016 Build: 32x8 Gunite, 6,700 gallon IG pool including 6x8 spa and 6x8 tanning ledge w/ 2 bubblers. 32' raised wall with two sheer descent water features. Travertine Coping w/ split faced Travertine on raised wall face. 2HP VS Jandy pump, 400k heater, Rainbow Chlorinator, 4 Colored LED Lights. 459sqft spray deck plus. IAqualink remote, Polarus 9350 Robot Cleaner.

7. Back To Top    #7

PB is going to try a no drain acid wash in 2 weeks. Now I get to read some posts about that
    18,000 gal Pool & Spa; Gunite; Quartzscapes Aruba Sky w Artic Glass Tile Border;
    Pool Equipment - Omni Logic Control System w / SWG - EcoStar Variable Speed pump - Swimclear C7030 Cartridge Filter - H-Series H500 Natural Gas Heater.
    Spa & Water Feature Equipment - Tristar EE Pump 1.5 hp, Tristar EE Pump 2 hp, 2 x Air Supply Silencer Blowers 2 hp.

8. Back To Top    #8

Thank you everyone for the feedback. I am still getting used to the website
    18,000 gal Pool & Spa; Gunite; Quartzscapes Aruba Sky w Artic Glass Tile Border;
    Pool Equipment - Omni Logic Control System w / SWG - EcoStar Variable Speed pump - Swimclear C7030 Cartridge Filter - H-Series H500 Natural Gas Heater.
    Spa & Water Feature Equipment - Tristar EE Pump 1.5 hp, Tristar EE Pump 2 hp, 2 x Air Supply Silencer Blowers 2 hp.

9. Back To Top    #9

Did they do the acid wash yet? If so, does it look better? That is a pretty tile, which is it?
    My pool thread. IG 31' x 20', 3.5'/4.5'/6', 8' spa, 4T moss rock WF/WW w/jumping rock, 7' x 11' sunshelf 3 bubblers, travertine coping, spray deck, Hayward equip: SwimClear 525 Cartridge Filter, H400 natural gas heater, Tristar Dual Speed EE pump 2HP, Tristar EE pump 1.5HP for water features, blower 2HP, Prologic P/S 8 w/aqua pod remote, Aqua Rite T-15 Salt System, Tigershark QC robot, networked Colorlogic LEDs 2 pool 1 spa.

10. Back To Top    #10

This is my quartzscapes finish today. Mine is 5 months old.

This was during the fill. You can see it look uneven in some places.

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to say I brushed mine daily the first couple of month. It took mine a few months to even out. I love mine.
    17x 30 rectangular pool 17x5 splash pad, with rasied spa 6x5 with spillover built October 2015. Quartzscapes Barbados blue finish. Jandy 1.5 horsepower 2 speed pump. Jandy aquapure SWG. Gulfstream heat pump with chiller. Great White vacuum. T-100 test kit.