Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Water leaking through shotcrete

1. Back To Top    #1

Orange County, CA

Water leaking through shotcrete

I have a couple of small spots where water is weeping though the shotcrete shell on my new pool. Does this need to be addressed or is it normal? We did have some recent rain...

20160309_155624 (2).jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Burleson, Texas

Re: Water leaking through shotcrete

Completely normal. They often put weep holes to allow for groundwater to come through. They will be sealed up during the plaster/finish process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    21,000 gallons, Salt, IG Gunite, Plaster Finish, Free From, Pentair FNS DE cartridge filter, Pentair Intelliflo-VS pump, Intellichlor IC-40, 2 port fountains, bubbler in tanning deck, Dolphin M400, TF-100, K-1766, Speed Stir

3. Back To Top    #3
    Waxahachie, TX (south of Dallas)

We are waiting on our plaster once the rain stops, but my plaster guy said that they do not want to see excessive weeping through the walls. Some is normal and ok, but if there is too much, they wait until it dries out a little more. In my case, I need to wait for the rain to stop and then see what it looks like before they decide what to do next week.
    28,000 gallon freeform, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Minipebble with abalone, 3.5' to 8.5' depth. 2 skimmers, 5 returns, dedicated vacuum port, Dolphin Z5 robot. All Pentair equip: EasyTouch 8, IC60 SWG, VS pump, 520 Cartridge Filter, 3 Intellibrites, 2 Color Cascade Bubblers. TurboTwister Slide and 8' Salt System Jump Board. TF-100. My Jan-Mar 2016 build:
    Waxahachie, TX Owner Build - A race to beat the baby!!

4. Back To Top    #4

Sacramento, CA

Ok the two posters above are talking about different things so lets clarify.

Water weeping through shotcrete or gunite is normal even without weep holes. Gunite or shotcrete is not "waterproof" that is the plaster.

On the other hand you generally don't want the gunite or shotcrete saturated when you plaster. You want some control over the moisture. So generally you don't plaster where there is active weeping.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Heliocol solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall