Best battery/rechargeable pool vac?

Gigama

Apr 26, 2015
Denton Texas
Hi everyone. Long story short. I have an issue with mud and debris flowing into my pool when we get heavy rain. My skimmer pipe has collapsed,so that makes clean up a big pain as I can't use the traditional pool vac to pump it out. I currently use a rig that connects to a garden hose for leaves and larger debris but it doesn't work on dirt/mud. I am looking at some of the Pool Tech Water Blaster models and wondered if anyone had any recommendations. They run for 100-200 bucks and up and don't want to make a bad choice as I am tired of brushing/back washing to clean it up.

Any insight is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Are we talking just a little bid of mud that settles to dust like at the bottom or a thick sludge on the bottom?

The pool blaster works great for light duty but if it's sludgy it would definitely fill up the bag too quick.

if you do get a blaster you probably should get the fine silt bag add on option too.

How is your pool filter/pump functioning with a collapsed skimmer tube? through the main drain?

Decent amount of dirt bound together by floc. When I brush it to get it to flow to filter it will make the water much darker. Then I have to backwash/repeat the process again and again to clear it. I use floc to get it all to sink to pool floor.

And yes, I have the pool on main drain. After much investigation we figured out the pipe collapsed. It is truly a pain.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.