Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Best battery/rechargeable pool vac?

1. Back To Top    #1

Best battery/rechargeable pool vac?

Hi everyone. Long story short. I have an issue with mud and debris flowing into my pool when we get heavy rain. My skimmer pipe has collapsed,so that makes clean up a big pain as I can't use the traditional pool vac to pump it out. I currently use a rig that connects to a garden hose for leaves and larger debris but it doesn't work on dirt/mud. I am looking at some of the Pool Tech Water Blaster models and wondered if anyone had any recommendations. They run for 100-200 bucks and up and don't want to make a bad choice as I am tired of brushing/back washing to clean it up.

Any insight is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Best battery/rechargeable pool vac?

Are we talking just a little bid of mud that settles to dust like at the bottom or a thick sludge on the bottom?

The pool blaster works great for light duty but if it's sludgy it would definitely fill up the bag too quick.

if you do get a blaster you probably should get the fine silt bag add on option too.

How is your pool filter/pump functioning with a collapsed skimmer tube? through the main drain?
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.

3. Back To Top    #3

What^^^^^he^^^^ said. Love mine.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

Decent amount of dirt bound together by floc. When I brush it to get it to flow to filter it will make the water much darker. Then I have to backwash/repeat the process again and again to clear it. I use floc to get it all to sink to pool floor.

And yes, I have the pool on main drain. After much investigation we figured out the pipe collapsed. It is truly a pain.