Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How soon should one dig?

1. Back To Top    #1

How soon should one dig?

I have called my local excavation company he said he would be here next week to level my 50' x 20' area.
    Do I and should I than just wait till April to start putting up pool it would let ground settle.
    Kinda wanting to wait till April 1st so I can start pumping water in with out temps going to far down, I would run pump if need be.
    Swim N Play 45' x 18' x 52" Oval
    Hayward c3030
    Hayward Max Flo Pump SP2302VSP

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: How soon should one dig?

It should not matter how much time between leveling and install... one thing that might be an issue is rain or runoff messing up your hard work.. remember to dig down so there will not be any "ground settle" needed... do not let them move dirt from high to low ground...
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Because your pool should be set up on undisturbed soil you should not have to wait for settling. You should not install the pool over fill. That can cause an issue with the warranty. If you need to you should have the fill engineered and installed in compacted lifts. I would wait until you won't ave any below freezing nights before installing.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

How much out of level is your site?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

One side is ground level than tapers up to 6 in. And now my pool install is on hold till the new roof goes up. My contractor has asked politely if I could wait he needs the room for the tellahandler. Thank goodness it's a one time roof install. So I guess while I wait I will see what a new partial deck will cost. And if it's possible to do a deck in sections as I raise the funds.
    Swim N Play 45' x 18' x 52" Oval
    Hayward c3030
    Hayward Max Flo Pump SP2302VSP

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

Digging down the high side only 6" is no big deal so do it when it's convenient for you. Double check his work and make sure you get an undisturbed, VERY level subsurface for your pool.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School