Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Multi-Port Valve

1. Back To Top    #1

Multi-Port Valve

So we just got a house with a pool and I have a question about our Muti-port Valve. I read online about the different Positions like waste, rise, backwash and recirculate, but my valve calls them different things and I wanted to know what my positions mean. On my port valve I have Filer, backwash which I know what they are, but I need help on Drain Vidange, Winterize hivernage, Whirlpool Tourbillon. I think the word Vidange, hivernage are words in French. It is a Jandy.

Winterize hivernage = close
    Drain Vidange = waste
    Whirlpool Tourbillon = recirculate
    test essal = ???

Does that sound right.

Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Multi-Port Valve

You might be able to download the manual from here:

http://www.jandy.com/en/products/valves

3. Back To Top    #3

Some of the on-line translations didn't want to cooperate with me, but I think as long as you know one (i.e. filter), the rest should flow in order as noted on this chart:

Sequence.jpg
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

ewkearns
    Yes i tried to look on thier website and cant find anything. The closest i get is this page. Multi-Port Valve Kits. But it doesn't have a manual that i can see.

Texas Splash
    The layout is differe
    nt from your picture. This is what mine looks like.

IMG_2196.jpg

5. Back To Top    #5

Oooooh, that IS different. Yikes. Well, I think we can fumble through it. Starting from where you're pointing in this pic (going clockwise), here goes my vote:
    Filter
    Rinse
    Winterize
    Whirlpool (Recirculate)
    Backwash (under the handle & opposite filter)
    Test (closed?)
    Drain (to waste)
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!