Re: Want suppliers of reflective opaque floating pool cover

Crit

Mar 9, 2016
Beaumont

Ed - If you have located a supplier, please post. I have looked for several years, after having a silver reflective one about 7 years ago, which is no longer offered. It did work. I would keep my pool covered during the sunny day in Texas, and remove it at night and run my chiller. It was super effective. There is no apparent reason that no one in the USA sells one, as I know we have a hotter climate than England.

Thanks from Ed;
Nowata, CA (AKA San Jose)[/QUOTE]

That's a winter cover. It's not useful for daily pool covering.

I too have been on the hunt for an opaque bubble cover that is either white or silvered (probably aluminized would be the better term) in the SMOOTH SIDE. The bubble side can be clear or blue. The purpose of being reflective in the air side of the cover is to reflect heat without being in contact with the water so as to avoid or minimize conductive heat transfer. I can find ones that are black or silvered in the bubble side (water side) but that's not what I want.

Also, looking for 8 mil thick.

So far, zippo on the retail search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

I really wish I could find one that would make my pool too hot.

Was that a typo or did you actually mean to say you wanted the cover to make your pool hot?

If that's the case, wouldn't a standard clear bubble cover do that for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

No typo...the problem I have is too much shade. Combined with the amount of wind we have here, it's a struggle to stay as warm as we like, even in summer. I'm too lazy to fight a cover for daily use anyway, and then there's the storage when not in use issue. So, we just live with the lower temps, or burn the heater when we feel frivolous. :mrgreen:

Gotcha.

I've got full sun from 8am to 5pm so I think I'm just going to bite the bullet and get an 8mil blue cover. Then I'll get some DWV piping and try out Mark's DIY solar roller. I've got a freeform pool so I think I might need to cut the cover into three sections. It'll be lots of work everyday to get the cover on and off, but I need to get serious about evaporation control. $200+ water bills in the summer is no fun.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

I use a Mid West Canvas Space Age Solar Blanket and love it. Does a great job of keeping the pool warm, day or night.

Dom

Awesome find, don't know why my search engine couldn't find it! You're right ... $450 is hard to accept when others are $150!

I just got lucky while skimming through pages in the link you provided. :cyclopsani:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.