Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CircuPool Si-45 Salt System - loud humming noise/vibration coming from control panel

1. Back To Top    #1

CircuPool Si-45 Salt System - loud humming noise/vibration coming from control panel

Just installed a CircuPool Si-45 salt system on my 10K gallon pool in AZ, along with all new equipment (Pentair Intelliflo pump, Pentair Quad DE 60 filter, Pentair commercial grade backwash valve, Jandy 3-way valve, and piping). When I turn the salt cell on at the control panel, it's very quiet for the first 4-5 minutes and the control panel shows everything is working correctly. However, after those 4-5 minutes, there's a fairly loud humming noise/vibration coming from the control panel. Anyone have any idea what the issue is, or is this normal? I have the control panel mounted to the side of my house and I can hear it throughout almost all of my house.

I left it running for a full 8 hours and never experienced any warnings (red lights) on the control panel and it is producing the correct amount of chlorine. However, I'm slightly worried about the risk of fire since the humming noise/vibration does not sound normal to me. This is a brand new unit - should I send it back to CircuPool? Any other suggestions?

I'm new to this site and it has so much great information. I've read many of the threads in this forum and everyone is very helpful here so I appreciate the responses in advance!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: CircuPool Si-45 Salt System - loud humming noise/vibration coming from control pa

Welcome to TFP!

That is not normal so I suggest contacting your dealer and see what they have to say.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Re: CircuPool Si-45 Salt System - loud humming noise/vibration coming from control pa

no noise or vibration from mine.. mine is a SJ45 so different design but should be almost the same...
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

4. Back To Top    #4

I just installed the SJ-40. No probs with the control box. Had a leak issue. I was referred to SGS in Arizona by the outfit that I bought the unit from. They are the apparently the manufacturers of the Circupool line. The phone is 480-385-3052....ask for the tech department.
    12,000 gallon, in-ground, Lunar Quartz-Bermuda finish. Pentair Intelliflo Pump and Pentair cartridge filer. Polaris 280 pool sweep. Circupool SJ40 SWG.

5. Back To Top    #5

I had a humming in mine a couple of years ago, right after I installed it. As I recall, I just tightened a couple of screws, and I have not had the humming again.
    14k gal IG vinyl, Jandy Flopro 1 hp up-rated, 2 spd pump, Hayward 325 sq ft cartridge filter, Circupool Si-40 SWCG

6. Back To Top    #6

Possibly the transformer. Check with the manufacturer as it should be under warranty.

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks everyone for the responses - I appreciate everyone's input. I ultimately sent the unit back to the manufacturer in Texas (free shipping paid for by them) and they will be checking it out. Hoping to get it back from them ASAP as I leave next Monday for a two-week trip. Pool will definitely turn green during that time without a SWG! I'll try to update this post once I receive it back from them and if I get an explanation of what was wrong with the unit. Thanks again.

8. Back To Top    #8

Use liquid chlorine in the interim.