Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Acid Wash and Acid Bath?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Carrollton, Tx

Acid Wash and Acid Bath?

Wanting/Needing reassurance:
    Just had our pool filled Monday, We have the Stonescape Aqua Blue and nervous that all is going correctly.
    Living in the Dallas area and we are experiencing heavy rains all week long.(ugh)
    Monday they came in and poured acid wash along the walls and the hosed it off and filled the pool. Late that day it did rain.
    Colors are very light with some areas near bottom darker by the drain. PB says the process is not complete and the will be several acid baths that will bring the blue color out similar to what we are seeing on the bottom. OK, I understood that.
    Today he called and said they are not starting any of the acid baths until the ran stops. Just verifying.....Is this a normal start up process with all this rain? Because at one time he said rain would make no difference.
    15K gal. 12X80 plaster-stonescape aqua white, buff leuders coping, Verona Borba Turquoise w/Borba Turquoise Deco

2. Back To Top    #2

humble texas

Re: Acid Wash and Acid Bath?

My was awful and I was posting videos here seriously concerned. Well after a 10day bath it was good. Im not sure why you would hold of on the bath, that may be negative due to plaster curing to much.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Acid Wash and Acid Bath?

Unless it's a lot of rain, it wouldn't hurt the chemical process much at all, so I don't know why he would not do it. I would ask him what changed if it were me.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr