If I have an overflow pipe, where would it be?

Chuckiechan

Jun 10, 2014
Roseville, CA
I suspect that my overflow water seeps between the concrete "deck" around the pool, and where the pool tile meets it. At the top of the tile is there is a plastic strip of some sort running around the pool. It's fairly concealed and I suspect it is a bond breaker to separate the tile adhesive from the deck.

I have not found anything visible that looks like an over flow drain.

I don't have problems, I'm just curious. When we have heavy rain, the pool level goes down in a few days.

Comments?

Some older pools can leak out the junction box for the underwater light if these are set low. Newer pools have the box elevated by code for good reason. Hopefully, you can rule that out as it is not a good situation.

There are three places for an overflow that I am aware of.

A grate in the tile line
A knockout in the skimmer housing
A knockout in the autofill housing

Any of these would be plumbed to drain water to a place away from the pool. If your pool goes down on its own in a few days then it seems likely that you have an overflow somewhere.

Base on the descriptions here, I suspect it goes into the landscaping drain.

I won't be pulling the pool light any time soon! Skimmer I would have noticed. I suspect a gap into a crushed stone holding area, with a pipe into the landscape drain.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.